Chapter 23- Cracked

**THOMAS’S POV**

Welcome back to my world stalkers! I am sure you already know what happened till now but still let me brief you with it, cause why not? So we arrived at the college and Charlotte almost exposed us by hr stupidity but I saved the day (I know, I am so cool) and right now we were trying to figure out which kind of painting that message must be referring to…

“I don’t think wasting our time here would be of much help. Let’s go back to the Realm and figure it out later.” Ira said. Ahhh, her voice is so cute!

“Don’t you think we should check out the college first. What if we find that painting right here?” Grace suggested.

“Yeah, he is right. Afterall it seems like Ms. Mathilda had a special interest in it.” Lisa agreed.

“Okay then. But this place is huge… where do you think we should start from?” Adrien asked.

“I know a few places which have paintings in our college. Let’s check them out.” Charlotte said.

“Let’s just not check the corridors please because we all know that no one would hide a safe there.” I said.

“Uh-huh. So let’s start with the auditorium?” Grace asked.

“I don’t think it’ll be there either. We used to go there everyday so I don’t think she would hide it at someplace like that.” Charlotte replied.

“Let’s start with the place which is least used. Do you know any?” Aiden asked.

“Nope.” Charlotte and Grace said in unison.

“I know. It’s the room at the rooftop.” I said.

“Is there a room at the rooftop?!” Charlotte asked in surprise.

“I didn’t know there was one either.” Grace spoke.

“Ofcourse you two bookworms won’t know about it. I used to go at the rooftop a lot so I know.” I replied.

“Well then you take us there.” Adrien said.

“Okay.” I spoke and led them out of the library.

We went up to the rooftop through the stairs (well there was lift too but I prefer stairs). By the time they reached the rooftop, all of them were already panting well everyone except Ira.

“Gear up everyone! You can’t get tired just yet. We have a long way to go.” Ira said.

“How come you don’t get tired!?” Lisa asked.

“Well, I have fought in many battles so I have gotten used to fighting for hours so… yeah, I don’t get tired easily.” Ira replied.

“To be honest, Ira was right. We do have a long way to go. See that room on the other roof? That’s where we have to jump to.” I pointed to my front. The room I mentioned wasn’t actually on our rooftop, it was on the rooftop of the other section of our college (yup, our college has three buildings and two of them are pretty close to each other). So basically, we had to jump over to the other roof from ours. The gap between the two buildings wasn’t that much but it was good enough to scare someone who doesn’t do it quite often.

“What the—this seems more like a dangerous way instead of long.” Charlotte gasped.

“The jump isn’t too long, we can jump easily but… those who don’t aren’t experienced would have to struggle a bit.” Aiden said.