• Chapter One •

"How many razor blades did they find?" The agent questioned as he stood in front of a grief-stricken sandy haired woman. He stood at 6'4" in height with a muscular build, shaggy brown hair that fell just above his collar, hazel eyes, and a sharp jaw.

"Two on the floor." The woman answered appearing to be close to tears. "One in his stomach and one was stuck in his throat. He swallowed four of them.. How is that even possible?"

Hearing the oven open, both the agent and the woman turned their gazes towards a second agent who appeared to be searching for something inside of the appliance.

This agent was a few inches shorter than the first but still stood tall at 6'1" in height with a leaner but muscular build, short, sandy brown hair and piercing, verdant green eyes.

"The candy was never near the oven." The woman stated as she stared at him with an almost incredulous expression.

The sandy haired agent straightened his posture as he closed the oven. "We just have to be thorough, Mrs Wallace." He assured her.

"Did the police find any razors in the rest of the candy?" The shaggy haired agent asked trying to keep the woman's attention away from his partner.

"No, I mean, I don't think so. I just - I can't believe it." Mrs Wallace replied. "You hear urban legends about this stuff, but it actually happens?"

"More than you might imagine." The taller male responded and glanced towards his partner before he released a sigh. "Mrs Wallace did Luke have any enemies?"

"Enemies?" The woman repeated.

"Anyone who might have held a grudge against him?" The agent explained.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"Co-workers? Neighbours? Maybe a woman?" The taller male suggested.

Mrs Wallace, catching on to what the FBI agent was implying, had become offended by the question. "Are you suggesting an affair?" She questioned.

"Is it possible?" The agent asked.

"No!" She exclaimed. "No, Luke would never--"

"I'm very sorry." The shaggy haired agent apologised. "We just have to consider all possibilities."

"If someone wanted to kill my husband, dont you think they'd find a better way than a razor in a piece of candy he might eat?" The woman questioned.

Before anything else could be said, a knock sounded at the door which caught both the agents and Mrs Wallace's attention.

"Excuse me for a minute." Mrs Wallace said and made her way over to the front door, leaving the two agents to themselves in the kitchen.

Opening the door, she was greeted by two blonde women on her doorstep, dressed in similar suits to the agents that were currently inside her home.

"Hi?" She greeted curiously.

"Mrs Wallace?" The taller of the two agents questioned. She stood at 5'7" in height with greyish-blue eyes and her blonde, wavy locks pinned up into a neat bun, with a few strands left to hang loose around her face.

"Yes.." The woman confirmed.

"Hi ma'am, we're with the Health and Safety Department." The shorter blonde responded. "I'm Officer Rollins and this is my partner Officer Bentley."

She was an inch shorter that the taller blonde, standing at 5'6" in height with blue eyes and her blonde hair pulled back into a neat ponytail. She also shared a resemblance with the taller blonde agent.

Mrs Wallace had become slightly confused as the women flashed her their badges and quickly glanced back inside her house before giving the two agents her full attention.

"There are already two guys here.." She said with a slow nod of uncertainty. "Is there some kind of mix up?"

"What?" The shorter blonde questioned before both her and her partner peeked inside to the kitchen where they found two familiar faces looking right back at them.