• Chapter Twenty-Six •

The rest of the period went by smoothly as did the next, but as soon as the fourth came around, both the Winchester brothers and Hale sisters had caught wind of an emergency nonviolence assemble.

Apparently a student had shoved another student's hand inside of a food processor while it was still on.

This only confirmed Sam's suspicions that something was going on in this school.

Dean's classes had come to an immediate pause until further notice, as the assembly took place in the school gym.

The eldest hunter stood near the doors, observing the scene with the rest of the teachers when he felt a hand rest on his shoulder, and the familiar sweet scent of his girlfriend invaded his senses as she leaned towards his ear.

"Come on." Camryn whispered in his ear, taking his hand into hers before they both sneakily made their escape.

Having received a text from the youngest Hale sister, the couple met up with their younger siblings in the deserted school hallway.

"How's the nonviolence assembly going?" Sam asked as the eldest siblings approached.

"Apparently, shoving a kid's arm into a Cuisinart is not a 'healthy display of anger'." Dean explained. "So, the kid had ectoplasm leaking out of his ear?"

Sam nodded his head. "Which only comes from a seriously pissed-off spirit." He answered. "It's got to be ghost possession."

"Yeah, but that's pretty rare." The eldest hunter stated.

"Yeah, but it happens." The youngest insisted. "I mean, they get angry enough, they can take control of a person's body."

"Alright, so, what, we got a ghost in the building?" Dean quizzed.

"Yeah, but where?" Sam wondered with a slight frown. "I mean, there's no EMF. Maybe we could find out who it is, at least. You know, check and see if somebody died bloody around here or something."

"Way ahead of you. I had to break into the principal's office to get this." The sandy haired male said and handed a file over to his younger brother. "Oh, and FYI, doing it in the nurse's office.. Hot." He added with a smirk.

"Dude, gross." The shaggy haired male responded, his expression turning into one of slight disgust at his brother's intimate moments with Camryn.

"You're disgusting." Madelyn voiced her own disgust, her expression resembling Sam's.

With the satisfied smirk still present on his face, the eldest Winchester gave a casual shrug of his shoulders before he unfolded a piece of paper - his expression becoming serious. "Anyway, there was only one death on campus." He started, getting back to the task at hand. "It was a suicide back in '98. Some kid named Barry Cook."

Silence ensued as the youngest brother's face resembled one of sadness at the mention of the name, which the eldest quickly took note of.

"What" Dean quizzed, curious about his brother's reaction.

"I knew him." Sam answered, feeling Madelyn's hand rest against his back before moving in a comforting, circular motion. "How did he die?"

"He slit his wrists in the first-floor girls' bathroom." Dean responded, keeping a watchful eye on the shaggy haired male.

The 6'4" hunter met his gaze. "That's where--"

"Right where the chick got swirleyed to death, exactly." The 6'1" hunter nodded in confirmation. "So, what? This ghost is possessing nerds?"

"And using them to go after bullies, yeah." Sam responded.

"Well, does that sound like Barry's M.O?" Dean asked.

"Barry had a hard time.."

1997:

1997:

Being at this new school sucked but at least Madelyn being by his side, made it all the more bearable for Sam.

The hallway was crowded with students, chatting and prepping for the next period.

A thin boy walked down the hallway, keeping to himself as he tried to avoid bumping into the students that packed the halls. However, a student accidently bumped into the boy which made him drop his books.

Seeing this, Sam left his position from Madelyn and Camryn's side and ran over to assist the boy in picking up his belongings.

"Thanks, Sam." The boy said gratefully.

"Great school." Sam responded, sarcasm evident in his tone as he gave the boy a friendly smile.

"I don't care. Three years, and I'm out of here." The boy stated. "I'm going to Michigan State. They got the best vet program in the country."

"Do you like animals?" The young shaggy haired boy asked.

"They're a lot nicer than people." The thin boy replied.