• Chapter Twenty-Five •

1997:

"Come on, Grumpy Cat." The young blonde pouted, a smile tugging at the corners of her lips as she hooked her arm through the shaggy haired boy's arm. "It's a new school."

"Yeah, the third school and it's November." The boy mumbled unhappily. "And I'm not grumpy."

"And you are not going to be alone." The girl responded with a warm smile as she slid her hand into his. "I will be with you. Our first school together.

A smile formed across the young boy's lips as he shifted his gaze onto his best friend, squeezing her hand gently in his.

The action made the girl giggle lightly, further widening the boys smile ever so slightly, before she leaned in and kissed his cheek.

Present (2008):

A fond smile graced Madelyn's lips at the memory as she walked down the quiet hallway, with nothing but the sounds of the muffled voices of teachers echoing from behind the closed classroom doors as they taught their students.

Engrossed in her thoughts, the blonde had suddenly collided with something that felt like a brick wall and found herself stumbling backwards from the impact.

However, a hand shot out, helping the blonde regain her balance.

"Oh my God!" She exclaimed, placing a hand on the person's arm. "I am so sorry. I.." She apologised only to trail off when she was met with a familiar pair of hazel eyes staring down at her.

"Sam?" She quizzed.

A soft smile tugged at the corners of the hunter's lips. "Hey, Maddie." He greeted.

"Sam." She breathed and suddenly jumped into his arms, wrapping her legs around his waist as she cupped his face between her hands and pressed her lips against his in a warm, welcoming kiss - to which he had eagerly returned as he held her up.

Pulling away slightly, the Nephilim huntress placed her forehead against his as her blue eyes met his hazel. "I missed you." She whispered, her fingers tangling in his hair.

"I missed you too." He replied and lightly pecked her lips.

Madelyn giggled softly and removed herself from Sam's hold, stepping back with a teasing smile. "Kids might see." She warned and began pulling him towards the guidance counsellor's office.

"Hmm, the guidance counsellor and the janitor." Sam hummed with a teasing smile of his own as he shut the door behind them. "Whatever will the kids think?"

The blonde giggled as she leaned herself against the desk. "Well, it's good to know where babies come from." She responded.

The shaggy haired male chuckled as he crossed the room, standing in front of her as he peered down at her.