• Chapter Forty-Five •

"Being civil was an agreement." Madelyn said as she placed her bag in the middle of the backseat of the Impala, which would put distance between her and Sam, before she got her earphones out and plugged it into her phone. "I'm done playing your game, Sam."

"I'm not playing any games.." Sam replied weakly.

"Really?" The blonde questioned rhetorically.

"Yes." The shaggy haired male sighed tiredly. "Besides, I'm not the one sleeping with some random guy after that kiss we had."

"It's my body." The Nephilim huntress responded.

"So that kiss we shared meant nothing?" The hunter questioned.

"A kiss that happened months ago, Sam." Madelyn stated. "If it meant so much to you, you would've acted further on it but you chose the demon bitch."

"It did mean something to me.." He argued. "It does."

"I don't care." She said and began scrolling through her playlist on her phone.

"You seem to be doing that a lot these last few weeks." He muttered.

Madelyn looked up to him, her eyes flashing a pale electric-blue as she took a step closer towards him. "You made your choice, Samuel. You face the consequences of it. I don't need to be dragged into it." She said coldly. "And honey, I can sleep where I want, when I want, with who I want."

Silence fell over the two as they stared into each others eyes, blue glaring icily into guilt-ridden hazel.

But that silence was soon broken when a throat cleared behind them, grabbing their attention.

"Are we interrupting something?" Dean asked as his verdant green gaze shifted between his little brother and his girlfriend's sister.

Madelyn's gaze softened slightly upon looking at her sister and Dean but hardened as soon as she glanced up at Sam once more. "No." She said simply, staring up at the taller hunter. "Let's hit the road."

The ride was awkward to say the least with a heavy silence surrounding the occupants in the car

Sam, seated behind his brother, kept shifting his gaze between his fiddling hands towards Madelyn, who simply ignored his presence as she stared out of the window.

Dean glanced at his brother and the blonde in the rearview mirror before he glanced at Camryn, in the passenger seat beside him; the couple both exchanging worried looks for their younger siblings.

All of a sudden, a voice had broken the heavy silence.

"Hey, guys." Anna said, from her position between Sam and Madelyn.

"Aah! Jeez." Dean exclaimed as he jumped in surprise, jerking the wheel which had caused the Impala to swerve before he regained control once again.

"Smooth." The Angel stated.

"You ever try calling ahead?" Dean snapped, glancing at her in the rearview mirror but soon began to calm down as Camryn rubbed the back of his head in a soothing manner, her nails lightly scratching at the base of his skull.

"I like the element of surprise." Anna replied simply. "You let Jimmy get away?"

"Talk to ginormo here." The eldest hunter scoffed as he gestured towards his brother.

The red-headed Angel shifted her gaze and tilted her head slightly as she stared at Sam.

"Sam." She said, her eyes assessing him. "You seem different."

"Me? I don't know." Sam tried to smoothly pass off her observation. "Heh. A haircut?"

"That's not what I'm talking about." Anna replied with a meaningful look as she took note of Madelyn's expression at his blatant lie.

The shaggy haired male swallowed thickly and dropped his gaze, avoiding eye contact with her before she turned her attention back to his brother.

"So, what'd Jimmy tell you?" Anna asked. "He remember anything?"

"Why? What's going on?" Dean questioned.

"It's Castiel. He got sent back home. Well, more like dragged back."

"To Heaven? That's not a good thing?"

"Did anything about that sound like a good thing, dumbass?" Madelyn quizzed the eldest hunter with an arched brow.

"No, that's a very bad thing." Anna answered. "Painfully, awfully bad. He must have seriously pissed someone off."

"Cas said he had something to tell me. Something important." Dean said.

"What?"

"I don't know."

"Does Jimmy know?" The Angel questioned.

"I don't think so." The sandy haired male replied.

"You don't think so?" Anna repeated. "Whatever it is, it's huge. You gotta find out for sure."

"That's why were going after Jimmy." Sam added.

"That's why you shouldn't have let him go in the first place." The red-headed Angel responded. "He's probably dead already."