• Chapter Sixteen •

The hunters and huntresses entered the cabin that Ruby had given them the directions to, and found Anna waiting for their arrival.

"Glad you could make it." Ruby said as she walked into the room, back in her own vessel.

"Yeah, thanks." Sam replied and slowly approached Anna. "Anna, are you okay?" He asked.

"Yeah. I think so." The young woman responded with a smile. "Ruby's not like other demons. She saved my life."

"Yeah, we hear she does that." Dean said and shifted his gaze towards the 5'3" demoness. "I guess, I.. You know.. I guess I owe you for.. Sam. And I just wanted.. You know.."

Ruby rolled her eyes at the eldest hunters attempt at an apology. "Don't strain yourself." She said, putting an end to his stammering.

"Okay, then." The sandy haired male sighed in relief. "Is the moment over?"

The demoness nodded her head in response.

"Good, 'cause that was awkward." He added.

With another roll of her eyes, Ruby shifted her attention towards the younger Nephilim huntress. "Anything you'd like to say to me?" She asked.

"Go back to Hell." Madelyn replied with a sweet smile as she glared at the brunette coldly.

"Maddie.." Sam sighed softly, silently pleading with her.

"What?" The blonde asked. "This is me being nice."

"If that's you being nice, I don't want to see you upset." Dean stated, earning a small smirk in response from his best friend's sister.

"Hey, Sam, you think it'd be safe to make a quick call, just to tell my parents that I'm okay?" Anna asked. "They must be completely freaked."

"Uh.." Sam stammered, not knowing what to tell her.

"What?" The young woman quizzed as she sensed that the hunter had become uncomfortable.

"Anna, um.." He began slowly. "Your parents.."

"What about them?" She asked, slowly panicking.

"Look, I'm sorry.." The shaggy haired male sighed softly.

The red-head gasped. "No, they're not." She replied, shaking her head.

"Anna, I'm sorry.." Sam repeated.

"Why is this happening to me?" She panicked.

"I don't know." He answered with a frown.

Suddenly, a panicked Anna stood up straight and began looking around the room in fear. "They're coming." She said.

"Back room." Dean ordered and watched as his younger brother led the young woman towards the back room.

"Where's the knife?" Ruby asked.

"Uh, about that.." The eldest hunter trailed off.

The demoness gave him a pointed look. "You're kidding." She said.

"Hey, don't look at me." He exclaimed and looked at his brother, who had just returned.

"Thanks a lot." Sam replied sarcastically with a sigh.

"Great." Ruby scoffed. "Just peachy. Impeccable timing, guys, really."

All of a sudden, the door to the cabin rattled violently before it slammed open, revealing two familiar and determined faces.

Castiel and Uriel.

"Please tell me youre here to help." Dean groaned as the angels entered the cabin. "We've been having demon issues all day."

"Well, I can see that." Uriel responded. "You want to explain why you have that stain in the room?" He asked as he pointed towards Ruby.

"We are here for Anna." Castiel said.

"Here for her like.. Here for her?" The eldest hunter questioned.

"Stop talking." Uriel exclaimed. "Give her to us."

"Are you gonna help her?" Sam asked.

"No, she has to die." Castiel replied in a serious tone.