• Chapter Seven •

"So this is your plan, you're gonna smite the whole friggin' town?" Dean questioned, his tone filled with both shock and anger, mostly the latter.

"We're out of time." Castiel replied. "This witch has to die, the seal must be saved."

"There are a thousand people here." Sam argued.

"One thousand two hundred fourteen." Uriel added.

"And you're willing to kill them all?" The 6'4" hunter asked, settling his hazel gaze onto the suit-cladded angel.

Uriel tilted his head slightly. "This isn't the first time I've... Purified a city." He answered.

"Look, I understand this is regrettable." Castiel stated.

"Regrettable?" Dean scoffed.

"We have to hold the line." The angel in the trench coat continued. "Too many seals have been broken already."

"So you screw the pooch on some seals and this town has to pay the price?" The eldest hunter argued, his voice growing louder by the second.

"It's the lives of one thousand against the lives of six billion." Castiel responded calmly. "There's a bigger picture here."

Dean scoffed. "Right, cause you're bigger picture kind of guys."

The girls who had been unusually quiet, glanced at each other in silent conversation as deep frowns graced their features.

Receiving a soft nod from her older sister, Madelyn shook her head lightly and turned her gaze towards the two angels. "We cannot.." She said firmly.

"Enough, half breed." Uriel snapped with distaste over the two nephilims in the room, causing for Madelyn to form fists at her side, nails digging into her palms while Camryn glared coldly.

Castiel glanced at his angel comrade beside him. "Don't speak to my girls.." He said and shifted his attention towards the Winchesters and the Hales. "Lucifer cannot rise. He does and Hell rises with him. Is that something you're willing to risk?"

"We'll stop this witch before she summons anyone." Sam replied. "Your seal won't be broken and no one has to die."

"We're wasting time with these mud monkeys." Uriel grumbled in annoyance.

"I'm sorry, but we have our orders." Castiel said.

"No, you can't do this, you're angels, I mean aren't you supposed to - You're supposed to show mercy." The youngest Winchester replied, his voice filled with disappointment.

Uriel arched a brow at the tall hunter. "Says who?" He quizzed.

"We have no choice." Castiel responded.

"Of course you have a choice." Dean stated. "I mean, come on, what? You've never questioned a crap order, huh? What are you both, just a couple of hammers?"

"Look, even if you can't understand it, have faith." The angel in the trench coat said. "The plan is just."

"How can you even say that?" Sam asked.

"Because it comes from Heaven, that makes it just." Castiel answered.

"Oh, it must be nice, to be so sure of yourselves." Dean stated sarcastically.

"Tell me something, Dean, when your father gave you an order, didn't you obey?" The angel questioned with an arched brow.

The eldest Winchester stared at the blue-eyed angel before he briefly glanced at the suit-cladded angel. "Well sorry boys, looks like the plans changed." He said.