• Chapter Forty •

Upon arrival to the prison room, the girls were met with the sight of Alastair choking Castiel against a wall - a blue light emitting from their father's eyes and mouth as the demon chanted.

"Get away from my Dad, you demon asshole!" Madelyn yelled and ran forward, tackling the demon which resulted in Castiel slumping to the floor.

Pinning him to the floor, Madelyn quickly turned towards her sister. "Cami, help Dean." She instructed as her eyes darted briefly towards the unconscious hunter on the floor before she was suddenly struck across her face and thrown back.

The younger Hale sister let out a soft groan and pushed herself back onto her feet as a metallic taste filled her mouth. She brought her hand to her lip and ran her fingers across it, only to pull back and find her fingers coated with a red liquid.

She shifted her blue gaze to the demon and tilted her head slightly with a glare. "Bitch move." She said and took off her jacket, revealing a black tank top underneath.

"Let's dance."

The demon and Nephilim huntress engaged in a series of punches and kicks, each of which they dodged.

It wasn't until Alastair threw another punch, which gave Madelyn the upper hand.

Grabbing hold of his arm, the huntress had twisted it and brought it up behind his back before she slammed him against the wall.

"Who is killing the Angels?" She questioned.

Alastair released a scoff and stifled a grunt as his arm was pulled tighter behind him.

"I won't ask again." The younger Nephilim stated through gritted teeth.

With a growl, the demon threw his head back and hit the blonde in the face, dazing her, which had caused her to lose her hold on him.

Her dazed state had given him an advantage and he had backhanded her across the face, which had sent her flying into the opposite wall.

Madelyn let out a humourless laugh as she got hold of her bearings and pushed herself up onto her hands and knees. "You hit girls? You sick bastard." She taunted, as she turned to glare at him heatedly.

Before Alastair could strike again, the door to the prison room had suddenly opened with Sam barging in with his hand raised.

The demon began choking and was slammed against the wall as Sam approached him with a glare.

"Stupid pet tricks." Alastair choked out.

"Who's murdering the Angels?" Sam demanded. "How are they doing it?"

The demon chuckled humourlessly. "You think I'm gonna tell you?"

"Yeah, I do." The young hunter replied and twisted his hand, further choking Alastair as his eyes turned white. "How are the demons killing Angels?"

"I don't know." Alastair choked.

Sam scoffed. "Right."

"It's not us." The demon stated. "We're not doing it."

"I don't believe you." The shaggy haired male responded.

"Lilith is not behind this. She wouldn't kill seven Angels. Oh, she'd kill a hundred, a thousand." Alastair said, making Sam put a pause to his actions. "Oh, go ahead. Send me back, if you can."

Sparing a glance at Madelyn, who stared at him with an unreadable expression, the hunter turned his attention back to the demon. "I'm stronger than that now." He stated. "Now I can kill."

"Sam.." Madelyn called to him but it was to no avail.

Sam held out his hand, and a gold light had flared from inside Alastair. The demon screamed in agony before it's host collapsed to the floor, dead.

Silence rung throughout the room as Castiel and his daughters stared at the hunter wide-eyed in shock.

Feeling their gazes on him, with the heaviest being that of a certain blue-eyed blonde, Sam slowly lowered his hand and turned around to face her.

"Maddie.." He frowned and reached out to help her only to pause in step as she held her hand up.

"Don't." The younger Hale said with a glare, shutting down any excuse he was about to give her as she got to her feet. "Don't talk to me."

"Guys.." Camryn called out, grabbing the attention of her sister, father and the younger Winchester as she cradled Dean in her arms. "He's not waking up."