• Chapter Forty-Two •

Over the course of the next couple of weeks, things had seemed tense between the younger Winchester and Hale siblings despite their agreement to be civil for their brother's and sister's sakes.

If Sam wasn't focused on something, he would stare at Madelyn with longing and guilt.

But there were a few occasions where a green-eyed monster known as jealousy would take over.

Over the last few weeks, Madelyn had been spotted with a guy leaving her motel room in the mornings before they would hit the open road.

The hunter knew that he had no reason to be jealous, the Nephilim huntress was never his girlfriend in the first place to begin with. But it didn't mean that it didn't hurt to see her flirting and giggling around this guy.

Of course, when he had tried to speak to her about it, it had turned horribly against him and had ended with an argument between the two best friends.

Best friends.

Could Sam even call him and Madelyn that at the moment?

The shaggy haired male released a heavy sigh and run a hand through his dark hair before the door to his motel room slammed open, with his older brother standing in the doorway.

"Come on." Dean said.

Sam furrowed his brow. "What's going on?" He asked.

"Castiel is in trouble." The eldest stated. "We need to go."

Walking through the dark and eerie warehouse, both the hunters and Nephilim huntresses looked for any sign of Castiel possibly being there

It was quiet, too quiet.

"Well, what did he say, Dean?" Sam questioned. "What was so important?"

"If I knew, would I be here?" Dean answered as they approached a staircase.

Ascending the stairs, the Winchesters and the Hales entered a room only to pause at the sight of it.

Everything was in ruins, almost as if a bomb had been set off.

"What the hell?" Dean muttered as his verdant gaze scanned the scene.

"It looks like a bomb went off." Sam said, a frown gracing his features.

"There was a fight here." The sandy haired male observed, his gaze landing onto a small fire in the background.

Madelyn rolled her eyes slightly. "No, shit, Sherlock." She muttered

"Between who?" The shaggy haired male quizzed, briefly shifting his gaze between his brother and the girls.

Rounding a corner, Camryn's greyish-blue gaze fell onto a red marking on the wall. "Guys." She called out to her sister and the boys, her eyes not once straying away from the mark.

Approaching the eldest blonde, Dean shone his flashlight onto the wall only for the girls to recognise that this red mark was actually a sigil.

A sigil that was used to send Angels away.

"Look familiar?" Madelyn questioned to no one in particular.

Sam nodded his head slightly in confirmation. "Yeah, it does." He answered.

"Anna used something like that to wish the Angels back to the cornfield." Dean stated.

"So, what? Cas was fighting angels?" The taller hunter wondered.

The shorter of the two hunters shook his head slightly. "I don't know." He responded with a sigh.

Further scanning the room, Camryn's eyes landed onto a familiar beige trench-coat in the rubble.

"Maddie." She urged, grabbing her younger sister's attention as her gaze shifted up to the body that wore the coat.

The sisters rushed forward to their father - with the brothers hot on their heels - as they knelt down beside the Angel.

"Cas? Cas." Dean urged as the girls shook him awake, his blue eyes soon fluttering open. "Hey, Cas."

"What's...? What's...?" He mumbled in confusion. "What's going on?"

Madelyn furrowed her brow slightly and shifted her gaze to meet her sister's, the same thought running through their minds.

This wasn't their father.

"Just take it easy." Dean said in attempt to calm who he thought, was still the Angel. "Take it easy."

"Oh. No." 'Castiel' mumbled again, shaking his head lightly.

Sam frowned while taking note of the girls' sudden silence. "Cas, are you okay?" He asked.

"Ugh. Castiel." The 'Angel' groaned softly "I'm not Castiel. It's me."

This further confused the brothers, with the younger Winchester arching his brow. "Who's 'me'?" He quizzed.

"Jimmy." The 'Angel' answered. "My name's Jimmy."

"Where the hell is Castiel?" Dean demanded.

"Dean." Camryn scolded him softly with a pointed look before she shifted her attention back to her father's vessel.

"He's gone." Jimmy said.