• Chapter Forty-Nine •

Sam's cries and pleading echoed throughout the house which had further put Dean on edge as he gripped the edge of the table, his knuckles beginning to turn white from how tight his grip was. He hated hearing his little brother's pleas for help but he had to remind himself that this was to help him, not to punish him.

Madelyn closed her eyes with a soft sigh as the young hunter's cries continued from downstairs.

"Guys! Get down here! Something's coming!" His cries grew panicked. "Don't. No, no, don't. Don't, don't. No - stop! Stop! Alastair - please. Please."

Clenching her jaw with a roll of her eyes, the young blonde made her way downstairs and marched her way over to the door where she banged her fist against it.

"Shut up." She said over Sam's yelling before she turned on her heel and made her way back to the staircase.

"No. No, God, no!" Sam cried. "Please! Please, please. God!"

The huntress paused on the first step and swallowed thickly, glancing over her shoulder towards the door of the panic room.

She frowned to herself. Of course, she was mad at Sam but that didn't mean that it didn't hurt her to hear him in pain.

She slowly approached the door once again and lied her palm against the cool metal that separated her from her best friend, closing her eyes as she rested her forehead against the closed window.

"This is the only way to help you get better, Sammy." She whispered softly and opened her eyes before she took a step back, and made her way upstairs once more.

" She whispered softly and opened her eyes before she took a step back, and made her way upstairs once more

"How long is this gonna go on?" Dean questioned as Bobby handed him a glass of whiskey.

"Here, let me look it up in my demon-detox manual. Oh wait. No one ever wrote one." Bobby replied sarcastically before he released a sigh. "No telling how long it'll take. Hell, or if Sam will even live through it."

Madelyn frowned to herself as she leaned against the doorframe, tapping her own glass of whiskey with her nails. Another yell echoed throughout the house which caused the blonde to down her glass in one go.

With a soft sigh, a phone had rung which gave everyone something else to focus on besides the pain-filled cries from the hunter in the panic room.

"Hello?" Bobby said, answering the call with a sigh of his own. "Suck dirt and die, Rufus. You call me again, I'll kill you."

"What's up with Rufus?" Dean asked once the older hunter had hung up the call.

"He knows." Bobby replied.

But the phone rang once again, which made the older hunter pick it up angrily.

"I'm busy, you son of a bitch. This better be important." He said just as his face fell.

Dean and the girls glanced at each other before they shifted their gaze back to their father-figure. Whatever Rufus had told him was definitely not good news.

 Whatever Rufus had told him was definitely not good news

"The news." Bobby said as he handed pieces of paper over to Dean and the girls. "The news ain't good."

"This is what Rufus called about?" Dean questioned as his verdant gaze scanned the words on the paper. "'Key West sees ten species go extinct.'"

"Yep. Plus Alaska. Fifteen-man fishing crew all stricken blind, cause unknown. New York, teacher goes postal, locks the door, kills exactly sixty-six kids. All this in a single day." Bobby replied. "There's no doubt about it. They're all seals. Breaking. Fast."

"How many are left?" Camryn asked, scanning all the headlines on the papers that had been passed between them.

"Who knows? Can't be many." The older hunter stated with a sigh and a shrug of his shoulders. "Where the hell are your Angel pals?"

The sandy haired male scoffed lightly. "You tell me." He responded.

"I'm just wondering." Bobby began. "The apocalypse being nigh and all.. Is now really the right time to be having this little domestic drama of ours?"

The eldest Winchester arched a brow. "What do you mean?"

"Well, I don't like this any more than you do, but Sam can kill demons." The older man stated. "He's got a shot at stopping Armageddon."

"So, what? Sacrifice Sam's life, his soul, for the greater good? Is that what you're saying?" Dean quizzed with a sharp tone. "Times are bad, so let's use Sam as a nuclear warhead?"

Madelyn, who had been uncharacteristically quiet, gritted her teeth in anger. How could Bobby even suggest that?

"Look, I know y'all hate me for suggesting it. I hate me for suggesting it." Bobby reasoned. "I love that boy like a son. All I'm saying is maybe he's here right now instead of on the battlefield because we love him too much."