• Chapter Twenty-Four •

Sam held his hand out to Madelyn and helped her to her feet. "You okay?" He asked as he assessed her for injuries.

The young huntress simply smiled and nodded her head softly in response before she leaned up, standing on her tip-toes, and gave him a sweet peck.

"What took you so long to get here?" Dean asked.

"Sorry I'm late with the demon delivery." Ruby stated sarcastically with a roll of her eyes. "I was only being tortured."

"I got to hand it to you, Sammy." The eldest hunter said, shifting his gaze towards his little brother. "Bringing them all together all at once -- angels and demons. It was a damn good plan."

"Yeah, well, when you got Godzilla and Mothra on your ass, best to get out of their way and let them fight." The younger hunter responded with a smile, shrugging his shoulders lightly.

"Yeah, now you're just bragging." Dean stated.

"So, I guess she's some big-time angel now, huh?" Sam quizzed. "She must be happy.. Wherever she is."

"I doubt it." The sandy haired male replied and pulled Camryn into his arms, staring down at her with a smile.

"So, are you going to tell us what we missed?" Madelyn asked teasingly as smirks settled across both hers and Sam's features. "Are you two a thing?"

Camryn bit her lip with a smile and looked up at Dean, who glared playfully at her sister before he met her greyish-blue gaze.

A smile spread across the eldest hunter's lips and the couple both looked back at their younger siblings.

"She's my girl." He confirmed proudly, chuckling as Madelyn pulled Camryn into a hug excitedly.

"I knew you liked her." Sam said, his smirk broadening. "'She's my best friend.'" He mocked.

"Shut up." The eldest brother responded, rolling his eyes slightly before a smirk of his own settled across his features. "Don't think I forgot about you and Maddie.. What's up with you two, huh?"

"Uh.. What?.." The younger brother stammered, becoming flustered.

"Sammy.." Dean's smirk broadened. "Did you two?.."

"No. Why does your mind always go there?" Sam replied, shooting down his brother's dirty though. "We kissed."

Camryn looked at her sister in her arms with an excited smile while a light blush dusted across Madelyn's cheeks.

"That's my boy." Dean nodded at his brother with a smile. "Don't know what she sees in you thoughts." He teased.

"Hey!"

Meanwhile, during the siblings' playful bantering, Ruby stood to the side and kept to herself - her dark gaze staring at the tall hunter and the younger Nephilim.

The half breed.

This was going to make her plans for Sam, difficult.

And she had to put a stop to it one way or another.