• Chapter Fifty-Six •

"Are we absolutely certain that this is the right guy?" Madelyn asked as both her and Camryn stared at the so-called prophet that the brothers had told them about.

Chuck was a 5'8" tall man with blue eyes, curly brown hair and dark facial hair to match.

"Unfortunately." Camryn responded as they watched the man speak on the phone.

However, their attention was soon grabbed when Castiel had appeared in the room with Dean beside him, which had also caught the attention of the writer.

"Wait.." Chuck stammered as he stared at the Angel and the hunter. "T-T- This isn't supposed to happen.."

"Dean.. Dad.." Madelyn said with relief and walked over to hug both men with her sister.

"What are you two doing here?" Dean asked as he wrapped his arms around Camryn and kissed her forehead.

"Uh.. They thought I'd know where you were." The prophet piped up nervously.

The eldest blonde nodded in confirmation. "I remembered the time that you and Sam had told Maddie and I about him, so we figured that if the writer writes about you two.."

"Then he should know where you are." The youngest finished and turned her gaze towards the prophet with a pointed look. "Not that he was much help at the moment."

Chuck let out a nervous chuckle as he waved awkwardly with his phone in his hand.

"So, we're gonna ask you again, and this time, be of some use to us." Madelyn said as she took a step closer towards the writer. "Where is Sam?"

Chuck took a step backwards, slightly intimidated by the Nephilim huntress. "He's uh.." He stammered and glanced towards Castiel. "He's at St. Mary's."

"St. Mary's?" Dean repeated. "What is that, a convent?"

The writer nodded. "Yeah, but you guys aren't supposed to be there. You're not in this story." He said.

"Yeah, well.." Castiel began and glanced at Dean before he shifted his gaze to his daughters. "We're making it up as we go."

Camryn and Madelyn smiled at their father, grateful that he had appeared to have come around.

But before another word could be uttered, Chuck's computer monitor had begun flickering before the entire house began to shake with a loud rumble.

"Aw, man! Not again! No!" Chuck panicked.

"It's the Archangel!" Castiel yelled and turned to Dean and his daughters. "I'll hold him off! I'll hold them all off! Just stop Sam!"

"I'll help.." Madelyn said firmly.

"What?" Camryn questioned, looking at her younger sister in shock. "Maddie.."

"Go.." The youngest sister urged softly.

The eldest frowned deeply as her greyish-blue gaze shifted between her sister and their father with worry, before finally settling on the blonde. "You're gonna be okay?" She asked.

"Who do you think you're talking to? You can't get rid of me that easily." Madelyn said with a teasing smirk before she pulled Camryn into a hug. "I'll be fine. I love you.." She whispered into her ear.

"I love you.." Camryn responded with a deep frown.

As they broke apart, Castiel turned towards his eldest and her boyfriend and placed his hands on their foreheads, sending them to St. Mary's.

The couple appeared in an empty area of the convent and caught their breaths for a brief moment before they met each other's gazes.

"Come on." Camryn breathed and together her and Dean ran through the deserted hallway.

As they made their way through the convent, the hunter and huntress had rounded a corner only to find Sam, Ruby and Lilith inside one of the main rooms.

Sensing that they were near, the demoness looked over her shoulder slowly, only to smirk at the couple. She then raised her hand and the doors had slammed shut, preventing them from entering the sanctuary.

"Sam!" Dean yelled as he ran to the door and banged his fist against it. "Sam!"

Camryn's eyes turned a pale blueish-white. "Move." She said simply.

The hunter glanced over his shoulder and saw the angelic glow of his girlfriend's eyes before he stepped back.

Placing her hand against the door, the wooden barrier had nearly flown off its hinges from the force of the Nephilim's angelic abilities and the couple were met with the sight of a lifeless Lilith lying near the altar.

Ruby turned towards the eldest Winchester and Hale with a victorious smirk. "You're too late." She sneered.

"I don't care." Dean growled, flipping the knife in his hand as he moved towards her.

Sam, still in shock by what he had done, took note of what his brother wanted to do and got up, holding Ruby's body in place against his.

But before the demoness could break free from the young hunter's hold, the eldest had stabbed her in the abdomen.

A gasp escaped her as she began to flicker with an orange light while staring into Dean's murderous, venomous verdant green gaze.

The corners of his mouth twitched slightly as he twisted the knife for good measure, glaring into the brunette's dying dark eyes before he pulled the blade out and allowed his brother to drop her body to the floor.

Silence ensued, with nothing but heavy breathing echoing throughout the sanctuary as Dean and Camryn shifted their attention away from the demoness' body and towards Sam, who appeared broken and defeated.

"I'm sorry." The shaggy haired male said softly, his voice cracking as his hazel gaze settled onto his brother.

The sandy haired male remained silent. He couldn't seem to find the words to try and comfort his little brother, who seemed to have reached the point of despair as he continued to drown further in his guilt.

Frowning at her boyfriend, Camryn's eyes landed onto the dark red liquid that was on the floor.

"Guys.." She said slowly, grabbing both of the brothers' attention as the blood that had been pouring out of Lilith had been flowing in a very deliberate direction before it had finally completed its pattern.

A brilliant white light had then shot up from the central point of the pattern and the convent had begun to tremble.

"Sammy, let's go." Dean said as he reached for his brother and his girlfriend.

Sam clutched his brother's jacket, much like he had done when he was younger, as his hazel gaze was filled with panic.

"Dean.. He's coming." He said, his voice filled with a mixture of urgency and fear.

The Nephilim huntress' eyes turned to its pale, angelic colour of blueish-white and enveloped both brothers close by wrapping her wings around them as the light grew brighter.