• Chapter Fifty •

Walking outside for some much needed air, Madelyn had leaned herself against one of the cars in the salvage yard and released a shaky breath, allowing a single tear to roll down her cheek as she turned her gaze towards the sky.

"Why is this happening?" She whispered to herself before she dropped her gaze to the ground, when all of a sudden, she heard a flap of wings from beside her.

"What do you want?" She asked, not once looking up from the ground.

"You had called for me subconsciously." Castiel replied, staring at his troubled daughter.

She scoffed lightly and lifted her gaze towards the Angel. "There's nothing to say." She said. "I heard you back in Illinois. You want nothing to do with me, Cami, Dean, or any other human. You 'don't serve us', remember?"

"That's not it." He said as he approached the young Nephilim. "You and Camryn are still my daughters."

"Then what happened?" She questioned. "What happened to you in Heaven?"

The Angel simply stared at his daughter in silence, resulting in another scoff from the blonde.

"Figures. You won't tell us anything." She said. "It's not like you care or anything."

"Madelyn, I can't." Castiel replied with a sigh. "I'm sorry."

"Yeah." Madelyn responded and met the Angels blue gaze. "So am I."

"What's going on?" Camryn asked as she joined her sister's side, with Dean not too far behind her. The eldest blonde had wanted to check up on her sister, and the hunter merely followed to get a few minutes of air, which was when they had spotted the Angel in the trench-coat.

"Nothing." Madelyn replied, staring Castiel in the eyes. "Right?"

A heavy silence hovered over them but Dean had soon broken it.

"Can he do it?" He asked the Angel in reference to Sam. "Kill Lilith, stop the apocalypse?"

"Possibly, yes." Castiel answered. "But as you know, he'd have to take certain steps."

"Crank up the hell-blood regimen."

The Angel nodded in confirmation. "Consuming the amount of blood it would take to kill Lilith would change your brother forever. Most likely, he would become the next creature that you would feel compelled to kill." He explained. "There's no reason this would have to come to pass, Dean. We believe it's you, Dean, not your brother. The only question for us is whether you're willing to accept it. Stand up and accept your role. You are the one who will stop it."

"If I do this, Sammy doesn't have to?" Dean asked.

"Dean.." Camryn frowned.

Castiel nodded. "If it gives you comfort to see it that way." He replied.

"God, you're a dick these days." Madelyn muttered with a scoff.

Dean closed his eyes briefly and released a heavy sigh. "Fine, I'm in."

"You give yourself over wholly to the service of God and His Angels?" Castiel questioned.

"Yeah, exactly." The hunter replied.

"Say it."

"I give myself over wholly to serve God and you guys." Dean said.

"You swear to follow His will and His word as swiftly and obediently as you did your own father's?"

"Yes, I swear." The eldest Winchester repeated. "Now what?"

"Now you wait, and we call on you when it's time." Castiel said before he disappeared.

"Correct me if I'm wrong, but you willingly signed up to be the Angels' bitch?" Bobby quizzed as he, alongside Dean and the girls, continued to block out Sam's pleas

Dean gave his father-figure a pointed look at the term he had used.

"I'm sorry. You prefer 'sucker?'" The older hunter said sarcastically. "After everything you said about them, now you trust them?"

"Come on, give me a little credit, Bobby. I never trusted them less." Dean replied. "I mean, they come on like shady politicians from planet Vulcan."

"Then why in the hell did you--"

"Because what other option do we have?" The eldest Winchester quizzed with a raised tone, cutting the hunter off in mid-sentence. "It's either trust the Angels or let Sammy trust a demon."

Bobby sighed softly with a slight nod of his head. "I see your point." He responded.

Silence hovered over the hunters and Nephilim huntresses which had forced them to focus back on Sam, but he was also silent.

"Do you hear that?" Madelyn asked, glancing between her sister and the men.

"Yeah, that's a little too much nothing." Bobby answered and led Dean and the girls downstairs towards the panic room.

Opening the barred window on the door, the hunters and the huntresses were met with the sight of Sam on the floor, having a seizure.

"What if he's faking?" Dean asked.

"You really think he would?" Bobby countered.

"I think he'd do anything at this point." Madelyn stated as she looked at Sam, only to find him being lifted up by an invisible force and slammed against the wall.

"That ain't faking." The older hunter said and unlocked the door, throwing it open as they charged inside.

Both Bobby and Dean wrestled with the young hunter before they had managed pin him down to the cot.

Madelyn approached the hunters and silently pressed two fingers against the shaggy haired male's forehead, easing his mind.

"We're gonna have to tie him down for his own safety." Bobby stated, but it had fallen on deaf ears as Dean simply stared at his little brother. "Dean? You with me? Dean! Before he has another fit."

"Yeah, yeah." Dean responded with a slight nod. "Let's just get it over with."