• Chapter Two •

"Hey." The shorter of the two blondes said, arching her brow in question. "What are you doing here?"

"We could ask you the same thing.." The taller of the two males replied.

"This is our case." She responded.

The shaggy haired agent tilted his head slightly. "Actually, it's our case." He said.

"It's our jurisdiction." She retorted.

"Ours too." He responded.

"We can share." The shorter male agent interrupted. "Protect these pretty ladies." He added with a smirk as he threw a wink towards the taller of the two blondes.

"We can handle ourselves." The taller blonde stated with a smirk of her own and patted his shoulder lightly. "But I'll let you believe that."

The sandy haired male's smirk widened slightly. "Good to see you again, Camryn." He said.

"You too, Dean." Camryn replied with a warm smile.

"If you are done flirting with my sister.." The shorter blonde called out, giving Dean a pointed look.

Dean tore his gaze away from the blonde in front of him and shifted it towards the shorter blonde. "Still as feisty as ever, huh, little Madelyn?" He teased.

"Call me little again and I will shove my foot up your ass." The shorter blonde threatened with a sweet smile, which caused Dean to hold his hands up in surrender.

With a smirk tugging at the corners of her mouth, Madelyn shifted her gaze between the two men. "What did you two find?" She asked.

"Oh, so you need mine and Sam's help?" Dean questioned.

"We can't ask the witness twice. It will raise suspicion for all of us, dumbass." The blue eyed blonde retorted.

Reaching into his pocket, the sandy haired male simply pulled out a hex bag and held it up without a uttering a word.

The sisters set their eyes on the bag with Madelyn releasing a heavy sigh.

"How ironic." She muttered. "I hate witches."

"She doesn't know if Luke had any enemies

"She doesn't know if Luke had any enemies." Sam explained as he exited the house alongside Dean, Camryn and Madelyn. "Or if he possibly had an affair."

"That narrows it down.." Madelyn muttered before coming to a stop near the cars. "I'll do research about our friend Luke here. And.." She continued and took the hex bag out of the sandy haired male's hand.

"Hey!" Dean exclaimed.

"Relax." The shorter blonde replied and turned her attention to the shaggy haired male, handing him the bag. "You can research this."

Sam nodded silently in response, earning a short nod from Madelyn in return.

"Let's go." She said as she began making her way over to a grey Jeep. "We can take my car."

The ride was silent for the most part, with Sam looking through the contents of the hex bag while Madelyn concentrated on the road ahead

Ever since having departed from their older siblings, silence had hovered over the blonde and the shaggy haired male.

Glancing at him in the passenger seat, Madelyn gave a small, soft smile and decided to break the silence.

"It's nice seeing you again, Sam.." She said.

Tearing his gaze away from the contents of the hex bag, Sam looked at the blonde in the driver's seat as a smile of his own graced his features.

"You too, Maddie." He replied.

Her smile widened slightly but it soon disappeared. "Why didn't you call?" She asked softly and noticed the confused expression on his face when she stole another glance at him. "When you left for college."

A frown took over his features as he dropped his gaze to his lap.

"I mean, it's fine." Madelyn continued with a light shrug of her shoulders. "It doesn't matter anyway."

Sam shook his head lightly. "I'm sorry, Maddie.." He said softly.

"Don't apologise." The blonde replied with a small smile.

"No, I have to." The shaggy haired male responded. "We were best friends.. And I got so caught up in my new found freedom that I neglected to keep in touch with you."

Glancing over at him briefly, her smile broadened slightly. "I'm glad one of us got out." She said. "We always talked about wanting a normal life."

"Well, I couldn't stay away from it for too long." He replied with a small smile.

Madelyn shook her head lightly as a soft sigh escaped past her lips. "I guess that's the life." She said.

A frown took over Sam's features as he shifted his hazel gaze out of the windshield. "Yeah.." He replied quietly as silence fell over the friends once more.