• Chapter Twenty •

"Union, Kentucky. Found some accounts of a local miracle." Sam said.

"Yeah?" Dean quizzed.

"Yeah." The younger brother nodded. "In '85, there was an empty field outside of town. Six months later, there was a full-grown oak. They say it looks a century old at least."

Nodding his head to himself slowly, the eldest brother turned to the red-headed angel. "Anna, what do you think?" He asked.

"The grace. Where it hit, it could have done something like that, easy." Anna replied.

"So grace ground zero -- it's not destruction." Dean stated. "It's.."

"Pure creation."

"Glad we decided to take one car

"Glad we decided to take one car." Madelyn mumbled sarcastically.

Once they had gotten their location, the group had wasted no time in grabbing their jackets, making their way to the Impala and hitting the road.

Dean was behind the wheel with Camryn in the passenger seat beside him, while in the back seat were Ruby, Anna in the middle, and Sam with Madelyn on his lap.

The blonde glared at the back of Dean's head, knowing that the asshole must've planned this out  but, at the same time, she couldn't help but enjoy the position she was in - not that she'd admit it out loud.

Dean glanced in the rearview mirror and let out a laugh at the sight.

"What?" Ruby questioned with an arched brow.

"Nothing." The eldest hunter replied with a smirk, shifting his gaze in the mirror towards his brother and Madelyn. "It's just an angel, demon and a Nephilim riding in the backseat. It's like the setup to a bad joke.. Or a Penthouse Forum letter."

"Dude.." Sam said with a pointed look. "Reality.. Porn."

Dean scoffed. "You call this reality?"

The rest of the ride was silent and tense but soon enough, everyone had gotten out and were looking at a big, beautiful oak tree

"It's beautiful." Dean breathed.

"It's where the grace touched down." Anna said. "I can feel it."

"You ready to do this?" The sandy haired male asked, shifting his gaze towards her.

"Anna, what are we even looking for?" Sam questioned as he looked at his surroundings before he settled his gaze onto the angel.

The red-head stepped forward and placed the palm of her hand against the tree trunk, closing her eyes for a brief moment. "It's not here." She said and opened her eyes. "Not anymore. Someone took it."