• Chapter Twenty-Two •

Dean lied on the backseat of the Impala with his back rested up against the door as he held Camryn in his arms, who lightly traced random patterns on his chest.

He leaned forward and pressed a soft kiss against her forehead, causing her to look up at him with a smile.

"Are you okay?.." He asked concerned if he had hurt her while he gently rubbed her back.

"I'm good." She replied with a reassuring smile and brought her hand up, caressing his cheek lightly. "That really happened.."

A smile settled across the hunter's features and he leaned down, capturing the huntress' lips with his in a sweet kiss. "Can it happen more often?.." He asked and traced her lips lightly with his thumb.

Camryn stared at him and tugged her lower lip between her teeth nervously. "I thought you didn't do relationships.." She said quietly.

Dean frowned and watched her every move as she sat up in between his legs.

"I gave myself to the guy that I've had a crush on since I was seventeen.." She said, pulling at her nails which was one of the things she did when she was nervous or anxious. "I don't want to be like all the other girls that you've been with.."

The sandy haired male leaned forward and covered her hand with his, putting an end to her picking and pulling at her nails while he used his free hand to move a few strands of her blonde hair behind her ear.

"Cami," He said with a soft tone and cupped her chin gently, tilting her head up to make her look at him. "I was drawn to you the minute I saw you all those years ago.. This shy but fiery girl with beautiful eyes, a gorgeous smile.. Stunning then, but even more now.."

A light blush dusted across Camryn's cheeks as she bit her lip shyly, making Dean chuckle.

"I think we can work.. If you want to give it a try?.." He asked, almost nervous about her answer.

The blonde couldn't help but smile and leaned forward, pecking his lips softly. "Yes." She whispered.

"Really?" He asked with relief.

She giggled as she nodded her head. "Yes." She repeated. "I've wanted this for so long."

Dean grinned and pulled her onto his lap as he admired her, his verdant gaze shining with emotion.

"You know, those girls, they could never make me feel how you make me feel." He whispered, and stroked her cheek.

She tilted her head slightly. "And how do I make you feel?" She asked and bit her lip.

A smirk settled across the hunter's features and captured her lips with his in a passionate kiss as he lied her down on the backseat while he moved on top of her.

Sam released a heavy sigh, running a hand through his hair in frustration as he anxiously bounced his leg while he tried to focus on the book that lied open in front of him

"You're going to get wrinkles.." Madelyn said softly from behind him, placing her hands on his head and she slowly began massaging his head.

The hunter sighed once more, but this one was more relaxed.. Content.

"What's going on?" She asked and moved her hands towards his shoulders, massaging out the tense muscles.

"Nothing.." He replied as he relaxed under her touch.

"Who are you trying to kid here?" The blonde questioned in a stern yet soft tone. "I know you and all your tells when something is bothering you. So, what is it?"

The shaggy haired male sighed softly. "It's Alastair.." He said.

"The demon we ran into at the church?" She quizzed.

He nodded his head in confirmation. "I don't know how I'm going to stop him, Maddie.." He responded. "The knife won't work and I'm definitely not resorting back to that again. I can't.."

"Hey.. Hey, hey, hey.." Madelyn interjected softly with a frown and knelt down in front of him. "Calm down.."

Sam frowned to himself. He didn't even know that he was on the verge of hyperventilating and released a deep breath to calm down.

"There we go.." She cooed gently and took his larger hands into hers, giving them a gentle squeeze. "It'll be okay. We'll figure out a way to stop him without you having to go back there. And I'll be right next to you.. Every step of the way."

He looked at the blonde in front of him, his gaze locking with hers.

Hazel meeting blue.

The pair stared at each other, both slowly leaning in until their lips were just mere inches away.

Madelyn's heart raced as she released a shaky breath, but before she could process what was happening, Sam's lips were pressed against hers.

She had waited so badly for this moment to happen again. She had wished for it ever since she was thirteen years old, when they had shared their first kiss.

And it had finally happened.

She immediately responded to the kiss, wrapping her arms around his neck as he pulled her onto his lap. She pulled him closer, never wanting to let go but their lungs soon pleaded for oxygen which soon forced them to break apart - only to rest their foreheads against each others as they stared into each other's eyes.

Unbeknownst to them, Ruby had witnessed the entire encounter between the young hunter and Nephilim huntress, and silently left the barn.