• Chapter Forty-One •

Madelyn entered the hospital room with a tray of coffee and a takeaway bag in hand. Upon entry into the room, she was met with the sight of her sister asleep on the chair next to Dean's bedside, her head resting on the edge of the bed as she held onto his hand.

Smiling to herself slightly, knowing that her sister was not in the right headspace since leaving the prison room, the young blonde put the bag and coffee down on the table and walked to the other side of the bed.

She reached her hand out and gently placed her palm against Dean's forehead as she looked down at him.

Soon enough, familiar verdant green eyes fluttered open and soon filled with panic as he began choking on the breathing pipe that was in his mouth.

The huntress gently pulled the pipe out of his mouth. "Relax." She said calmly and motioned towards her sister. "You don't want to wake her."

Calming himself down, Dean shifted his gaze to his left where he was met with the sight of his sleeping girlfriend, curled up awkwardly in a chair.

"She hasn't left your side." Madelyn stated as she rounded the bed towards her sister with a spare blanket in hand, and draped it over her.

The gesture caused Camryn to stir slightly, to which Madelyn gently shushed her as she rubbed her back.

"It's okay, Angel." Dean whispered, rubbing the back of her hand with his thumb as he felt her grip tighten ever so slightly.

"Here." The younger Hale said, grabbing the hunter's attention as she brought the table closer to him and pulled out a takeaway box of pie.

"Pie." The sandy haired male grinned and immediately dug into it.

With a mischievous smirk, Madelyn stole a piece from the pie and was met with a glare from the eldest hunter.

"Get your own pie." Dean said.

"I got the pie, dumbass." She responded and took a sip from her coffee.

"For me." He added.

The blonde rolled her eyes slightly. "It's a whole pie."

Sam chuckled slightly, having walked in on his brother and Madelyn arguing as if they were siblings.

"Don't get in between him and his pie." He said with a soft tone, shoving his hands into his pockets.

"Fine. But I'm starving so guess what I'll have." Madelyn stated and smirked at the eldest Winchester. "Burger and cheese fries."

Dean shook his head at her. "Rude."

The blonde stuck her tongue out at him in response before shifted her gaze to an awkward Sam.

"Can we talk?" She asked.

Sam nodded his head silently in agreement.

Grabbing another takeaway cup of coffee from the tray, Madelyn stepped out of the room and into the hallway - with Sam following close behind her.

She came to a halt and closed her eyes, inhaling deeply before she turned around to face him.

"I am done being mad at you." She began, noticing a frown settle across Sam's features as she handed him the full cup of coffee. "I want to be civil for them but I don't want to feel these negative feelings anymore."

"I just want to say that I'm sorry for lying to you.." Sam said, his tone revealing how nervous he was as he began to play with the cup. "And for keeping that we were meeting up with Ruby in Cheyenne a secret. But I swear, this is my first time in weeks that I've.. You know."

"I don't care, Sam." The Nephilim huntress replied with a soft sigh. "It's not my business, and it's not like we're dating either. But Ruby? I don't trust her. And right now, I'm not so sure that I can trust you."

The hunter nodded his head slowly, his frown deepening. "I understand.." He responded quietly, shifting his gaze to the floor in guilt.

Madelyn sighed softly and placed her hand on his shoulder gently, causing Sam to meet her blue gaze with his hazel.

She gave him a small smile, and stepped back before she turned on her heel and left him standing in the hallway, staring after her.