• Chapter Twenty-Eight •

Sam rushed out of the school with a limp, which grabbed Madelyn's attention as she immediately got out of the Impala and met him halfway.

"Sam!" She exclaimed, worry laced in her tone as her eyes fell to his hand that was held against his stomach - the strong scent of iron filling her senses as she neared him while a dark substance coated his shirt, staining the palm of his hand in a deep red.

Blood.

"I'm okay.." He reassured her with a soft groan.

"'Okay' my ass!" She replied sternly as she helped him towards the car, their siblings having climbed out as well. "You are bleeding."

Getting him settled into the car carefully while not causing him any more pain than he was already in and aggravating his wound, Madelyn quickly climbed into the backseat beside him and slowly peeled his hand away from his shirt as the familiar purr of the Impala came to life.

She lifted his shirt slightly, and was hit with another strong wave of iron as she inspected the bloody stab wound.

Without a word, the blonde silently placed her hand over his wound - her own hand getting coated in his blood as she healed his wound, ridding him of any and all pain he had felt in that moment.

"There.." She finally spoke, meeting his hazel gaze with her blue as a soft smile graced her lips. "As good as new.."

"Thank you, Maddie." The shaggy haired male said gratefully, returning her smile.

The huntress tilted her head slightly. "Ghost?" She quizzed knowingly.

The young hunter nodded silently in confirmation only for Madelyn to lean forward and gently press her lips against his cheek.

The hunters and huntresses pulled over near the woods in an effort to talk about the case while taking a breather.

Sam was seated on a nearby rock, with Madelyn standing behind him - her arms wrapped around him loosely from behind.

Dean approached the two, handing his brother a bottle of beer that he had grabbed from the cooler - which he had gladly accepted.

"That ghost is dead." The eldest hunter said as he made his way towards the Impala, leaning himself against the hood beside Camryn, who sat on top of the hood. "I'm gonna rip its lungs out! Well, you know what I mean."

Camryn shifted her greyish-blue gaze from her boyfriend and met her younger sister's blue gaze - the girls both sharing amused looks before their attention had been grabbed by Sam.

"It knew my name, Dean. My real name." Sam stated. "We burned Barry's bones. What the hell?"

"Well, maybe it wasn't Barry." The eldest brother suggested and pulled out the file, paging through it. "Maybe we missed something. We just got to go back."

Silence fell over the Winchester brothers and Hale sisters when all of a sudden, Dean's body stiffened up slightly.

"No way." He said as he reviewed the file. "How did we not see this before?"

"What?" Sam voiced both his and the girls' curiosity.

"Check it out -- Look, Martha Dumptruck, Revenge of the Nerds, and Hello Kitty -- they rode the same bus."

"Okay, so maybe the bus is haunted." The younger Winchester stated.

"Well, that would explain why there's no EMF at the school, but not the attacks." The eldest replied. "I mean, ghosts are tied to the places that they haunt. They can't just bail."

"Unless this one can. Dean, there's lore about spirits possessing people and riding them for miles, then whenever they leave the body, they're bungeed back to their usual haunt. But until then, the ghosts can go wherever they want." Sam explained.

"So a spook just grabs a kid on the bus and walks right into Truman?" Dean quizzed.

The shaggy haired male shrugged his shoulders lightly. "It's possible." He replied.

"Ghosts are getting creative -- Well, that's super." The sandy haired male muttered sarcastically.

"Wow, Dean can actually be smart." Madelyn teased, smirking at the eldest hunter who narrowed his eyes into a playful glare which broadened her smirk.

"Let's finish this damn case."