• Chapter Ten •

Madelyn lied on the hood of the Jeep with her back resting up against the windshield as she soaked up the sun's rays. Her blue gaze briefly scanned through the words in the newspaper that she held in her hands until one headline caught her attention

She sat up straight and glanced towards the back of the car. "Cami!" She called over her shoulder as she briefly read through the article. "I got something."

Closing the trunk, Camryn walked up to the front of the car as her greyish-blue gaze settled onto her younger sister. "What do you have?" She asked.

"Anna Milton." Madelyn replied and handed the newspaper over to her sister, pointing towards the article. "I think we have a case."

Camryn quickly read through the article and nodded her head in confirmation before she met the young huntress' awaiting gaze. "Let's hit the road." She said.

With a small grin, the youngest Hale jumped off the hood of the car and tossed the car keys at her sister. "You can drive." She said and tapped the hood gently. "It's okay, kid." She whispered teasingly, purposely loud enough for the blonde to hear.

"Hey!" The eldest Hale exclaimed, narrowing her gaze into a playful glare. "I drive perfectly fine."

Madelyn smirked as she rounded the car, making her way to the passenger side. "You're a little heavy on the accelerator." She pointed out. "This isn't a racing car. She needs love."

"You're starting to sound like someone we know." Camryn responded with a playful roll of her eyes as she climbed into the driver's seat.

"And you drive like someone we know." Madelyn fired back, settling herself in the passenger seat.

"Yeah, yeah." The eldest blonde laughed as she turned the key in the ignition. "You done?"

"Maybe.." The youngest teased.

With a light shake of her head, Camryn put the car into gear and pulled out onto the open road for the case that lied ahead of them.

"Of course I want to help however I can." Anna's psychologist said sincerely.

"So, the orderly has no recollection of Anna's escape?" Madelyn asked.

"Apparently, she knocked him unconscious." The psychologist answered. "The blow caused some amnesia. He doesn't even remember coming into her room."

"That's a hell of a right hook to knock out a guy that's got 80 pounds on her." Camryn commented.

"We think she may have planned this, waited behind the door."

"You mentioned Anna's illness was recent." The eldest blonde stated.

"Two months ago, she was happy, well-adjusted, a journalism major, lots of friends -- Bright future."

"So what happened?" Camryn asked. "She just.. Flipped?"

"Well, that's the tragedy of schizophrenia." The psychologist answered. "Within weeks, Anna was overtaken by delusions."

"What kind of delusions?" Madelyn questioned with an arched brow.

"She thought demons were everywhere." The woman sighed softly and handed a note book over to the girls.

"Interesting." The young blonde said softly as she flipped through the pages of the book.

"It's not uncommon for our patients to believe that monsters are real." The psychologist informed the sisters, as the next page that Madelyn turned over had the words 'Raising of the witnesses' written all over it.

With a frown, she flipped the page again only to read the words 'Samhain the next seal is broken.'

"That's Revelations." Camryn said once she saw a sketch of Samhain and pumpkins.

"Since when does the Book of Revelations have jack-o'-lanterns?" The woman asked.

"It's a little known translation." Madelyn replied.

"Well, Anna's father was a church deacon." The psychologist continued. "When she became ill, her paranoia took on religious overtones. She was convinced the devil was about to rise up and end the world. I hope you find her. It's dangerous for her to be out there alone right now.'

"Do you perhaps know where her father lives?" The eldest Hale asked.

The woman nodded her head softly and quickly wrote down the address before she handed it over to them.

"Hey, Doc, do you think we could have a look around the room?" The youngest questioned.

The girls slowly walked around the room as their eyes searched for any clue leading to Anna's disappearance

The girls slowly walked around the room as their eyes searched for any clue leading to Anna's disappearance. Madelyn was about to take a step further when she suddenly paused in step, narrowing her blue gaze in suspicion.

"Do you smell that?" She asked, glancing over her shoulder at her sister, who had also come to a stop.

Camryn nodded her head, confirming her younger sister's suspicion. "Sulphur."

"What would a demon want with this girl?" Madelyn asked and opened the sketch book once more, carefully paging through to see if she had missed anything.

"No idea.." Camryn sighed with a frown, glancing around the room.

"Look who it is.." A voice called out, grabbing the girls attention as their gazes fell onto two familiar figures standing in the doorway.

"Sam. Dean." Madelyn said as she closed the sketchbook. "What are you doing here?"

"Sam's demon lady friend told us about the case." Dean responded and arched a brow. "What about you two?"

"Just a feeling. The younger blonde replied before she furrowed her brow. "Wait, demon friend?"

"He means Ruby." Sam said.

"Ah." She nodded slowly. "Well, we found out her father is a church deacon."

"You got an address?" The young hunter asked.

Madelyn shifted her blue gaze towards the tall hunter. "Of course. We're not amateurs." She replied and walked past him, handing the book to him along the way. "You can follow us."