• Chapter Thirty-Six •

It was relatively silent between the Nephilims and the psychic with nothing but soft humming filling the air of the motel room.

Madelyn gently raked her fingers through Sam's dark locks as she hummed a lullaby that Camryn used to sing to her.

However, her hums soon came to a sudden end when she heard a creak from within the room.

She paused her movements and narrowed her eyes slightly before she looked over to Camryn, who had met her gaze and gave a short, firm nod to confirm that she had heard it as well.

It appeared that Pamela had also heard the creak as she had gotten up from her chair and walked over to the door where she bolted and chained it.

She moved over to the open window and closed it before she moved into the middle of the room where the huntresses stood, their eyes scanning their surroundings for the threat that was clearly present.

"We know you're here." The dark haired woman stated. "What's the matter, you reeking son of a bitch? You afraid of a skirt?"

Madelyn's narrowed gaze fell onto the shower curtain in the bathroom, tilting her head to the side ever so slightly.

She entered the room, her fingertips lightly grazing against the fabric before she ripped the curtain back and let out a soft, frustrated sigh as she was met with nothing.

Straightening her posture, she then sensed a presence behind her - standing in the doorway of the bathroom. She slowly turned her head and lifted her gaze to look over her shoulder where she found a demon waiting for her.

"Shit." She muttered and that was when the demon made its attack.

The demon lunged forward only for Madelyn to kick it back and out into the room.

"Pamela, I think its time to wake up the boys." She said and that was when the chaos ensued.

Two more demons appeared and the Nephilim huntresses fought against them to keep them away from Pamela, who ran over to Sam and leaned over him.

"Vis, vis, vis!" She chanted.

All of a sudden, the psychic was pulled away from the shaggy haired male and was dragged up.

The dark haired woman gritted her teeth and kicked at the demon, who had grabbed hold of her ankle and hauled her, kicking the chair away.

"Son of a bitch!" Pamela exclaimed.

The girls quickly glanced over at the psychic while engaged in their own fights with the other two demons, and noticed how she was now fighting back

Managing to get herself loose, Pamela ran back over to Sam and leaned over him. "Animum vult decipi, ergo--"

She was suddenly cut off in mid-incantation as she was thrown across the room, knocking over the candles and the coffeemaker.

Madelyn grabbed the demon's arm and twisted it behind his back as she glanced over towards the hunter on the bed. "Come on, Sam!" She exclaimed and shifted her gaze back towards the demon she was in combat with.

However, her blue gaze landed on Pamela just as the demon had stabbed her in the gut.

"Pamela!" She exclaimed in shock.

It was in that moment when Sam had sat up and his hazel gaze fell onto the scene before him as the demon pulled the knife out of the psychic.

"Pamela!" He exclaimed and raised his hand, flinging the demon against the wall.

He got to his feet and exorcised the demon with his mind, the host soon slumping to the floor as the girls had finished up with their own.

Without wasting another second, both the hunter and huntresses were crouched beside Pamela - with Camryn gently peeling the dark haired woman's hand away from her stomach to see the damage that was done.

Her brows furrowed, her greyish-blue gaze filled with worry as she glanced at her sister and the youngest Winchester. "She's not bleeding.." She stated.

It was then when Pamela began laughing, which confused them.

"What's so funny?" Sam questioned with a deep frown.

"I can't die -- not in this town." Pamela said with a shake of her head.

"Pamela--"

"Quit your worrying, Grumpy." The psychic waved her hand, cutting him off in mid-sentence. "How about you make me a drink, huh?"

The 6'4" hunter shook his head stubbornly. "You need a doctor." He argued as Madelyn began to reach her hand over to the injured woman.

"Don't even think about it." Pamela said, putting a sudden halt to the young huntress' movement and further deepening the frown that had graced her features, before she shifted her attention back to the hunter. "Make me a drink, Sam."