• Chapter Fifty-One •

"I'm gonna ask one more time. Are we absolutely sure we're doing the right thing?" Bobby questioned.

Once they had gotten Sam calm and strapped down to the cot, Bobby, Dean and the girls had made their way upstairs where they had sat in complete silence until this point.

"Bobby, you saw what was happening to him down there." Dean stated. "The demon blood is killing him."

The older hunter shook his head in protest. "No, it isn't." He said. "We are."

The sandy haired male looked up and arched a brow in question. "What?"

"I'm sorry. I can't bite my tongue any longer." Bobby began with a heavy sigh. "We're killing him. Keeping him locked up down there. The cold-turkey thing isnt working. If-if he doesn't get what he needs, soon, Sam's not gonna last much longer."

Madelyn swallowed thickly before she gritted her teeth firmly and shook her head. "We're not giving him demon blood." She said.

"And if he dies?"

"Then at least he dies human!" Dean exclaimed. "I would die for him in a second, but I won't let him do this to himself. I can't. I guess I found my line. I won't let my brother turn into a monster."

The night had continued on and tensions were still running high

The hunters and huntresses were getting no where in getting Sam what he had needed or closer in trying to help him.

Madelyn sighed softly as she lied on the bed, staring up at the ceiling above her. Even sleep wouldn't come to her.

Pushing herself up, she ran a hand through her blonde locks before her blue gaze landed on the bedside table - to an engraving that had been carved into the wood.

S.W & M.H

A soft smile tugged at the corners of her lips as she lightly traced her fingers across hers and Sam's initials, remembering the day that they had carved that without Bobby's knowledge.

However, her thoughts were soon broken when she heard a loud thud come from outside, followed by the sound of a car engine roaring to life.

Quickly making her way downstairs, the blonde had found the front door standing wide open and made her way outside where she had found an unconscious Bobby lying on the ground.

"Bobby!" She exclaimed and ran to the older hunter's side, pulling him into her arms and she began to tap his face in an attempt to wake him. "Come on, Bobby.."

A groan escaped from the older man as he slowly came to, resulting in a sigh of relief from the blonde.

"Good." She said softly and slowly proceeded to help her father-figure to his feet. "You okay?" She asked, her blue gaze full of concern.

"Sam.." Bobby said, ignoring her question as he brought his hand to his face and winced as pain had shot out in every direction.

"What about him?" Madelyn quizzed with a furrowed brow.

"He's out." The older hunter revealed. "He got out."

The young Nephilim huntress stared at the man as she processed his words, clenching her jaw as her blue gaze hardened in anger.

Guilt had continued to hit Sam the further he drove.

He couldn't believe he had just done what he had did to his father-figure but at the same time, he couldn't help but wonder who had let him out of the panic room.

However, he couldn't ponder over it for long, slamming his foot on the break as Madelyn had appeared in the middle of the road - her eyes narrowed into a cold, icy glare as the car came to a stop just a few meters in front of her.

The hunter's heart began to race as he stared at his best friend's angered expression.

"You hurt Bobby." She stated, her tone as icy as her eyes.

"I.." He stammered with a slow shake of his head and swallowed thickly. "I didn't mean to.."

She shifted her gaze to the ground and released a shaky breath. "You are a monster." She said, resulting in Sam closing his eyes to stop his tears from falling.

The guilt had worsened, hitting him tenfold at this point. He didn't even blame Madelyn for how she viewed him.

Maybe that was what he always was.

A monster.

The blonde lifted her gaze towards the shaggy haired male as she pulled out her hunter's knife, her face void of emotion.

"Get out of the car, Sam." She instructed.

"Maddie--"

"Get out." She repeated, her eyes flashing a pale electric-blue.

With a shaky sigh, the tall hunter opened the door and got out of the car. He slowly made his way to the front where he then stood directly in line with the huntress - who simply gripped her knife.

He dropped his gaze to the ground, his hair falling over his face. "Do it.." He said softly. "Just do it, Maddie.."

But before another word could be said or a strike was made, Madelyn was hit over the head with a crowbar, rendering her unconscious.

Sam stared at the blonde's unconscious form before he shifted his gaze to find Ruby, discarding the crowbar to the ground.

"What was that for?!" He exclaimed in shock.

The demoness rolled her eyes. "She was going to kill you." She said simply as she made her way towards the front passenger side of the car. "Let's go."

As the dark haired woman opened the car door, Sam hesitated to make any movement. He wanted to stay, make sure that Madelyn was okay but he knew that when she woke up, there would be hell to pay.

"I can't leave her like this.." He said.

Ruby paused, shifting her dark gaze towards the tall hunter. "Lilith. Bigger picture here." She stated and glanced at the unconscious huntress. "Besides, she's half Angel. She'll be fine."

Sam's frown only deepened as he continued to stare at Madelyn.

"Sam." The demoness urged. "Come on."

With a defeated sigh, the hunter slowly made his way back to the driver's side and climbed in behind the wheel.

Ruby followed suit and settled herself into the passenger seat before she turned to Sam.

"Drive." She instructed.

And without another word, Sam had silently put the car into gear and drove off, staring at Madelyn's unconscious figure lying in the road, in the rearview mirror.