• Chapter Nineteen •

"Don't be afraid, I'm not like the others." Anna said, briefly settling her gaze onto Ruby, who leaned herself against the doorframe that led into Bobby's library.

"I don't find that very reassuring." Ruby replied.

"Neither do I." Pamela chimed in, leaning herself against the table.

"So.. Castiel, Uriel -- they're the ones that came for me?" Anna wondered.

"You know them?" Sam asked, standing behind the chair that Madelyn was seated on.

"We were kind of in the same foxhole." The angel replied.

"So, what, were they like your bosses or something?" Dean asked, folding his arms across his chest.

"Try the other way around." Anna said.

"Look at you." The hunter mused.

"But now they want to kill you?" Pamela questioned.

"Orders are orders." The red-headed angel responded. "I'm sure I have a death sentence on my head."

"Why?" The psychic quizzed.

"I disobeyed.. Which for us, is about the worst thing you can do." Anna explained. "I fell."

Dean arched a brow at her. "Meaning?"

"She fell to earth, became human." Pamela answered.

"Wait a minute." Sam interjected. "I don't understand. So, angels can just become human?"

"It kind of hurts." Anna responded with a nod of her head. "Try cutting your kidney out with a butter knife. That kind of hurt. I ripped out my grace."

The eldest hunter's brow shot up further in question. "Come again?"

"My grace. It's.. Energy. Hacked it out and fell." The angel explained. "My mother, Amy, couldn't get pregnant. Always called me her little miracle. She had no idea how right she was."

"So, you just forgot that you were God's little Power Ranger?" Dean questioned.

"The older I got, the longer I was human, yeah." Anna answered.

Ruby released a groan and shifted her dark gaze between the hunters. "I don't think you all appreciate how completely screwed we are." She said.

"Ruby's right." Anna agreed. "Heaven wants me dead."

"And Hell just wants her." The demoness added. "A flesh-and-blood angel that you can question, torture, that bleeds. Sister, you're the Stanley Cup. And sooner or later, Heaven or Hell, they're gonna find you."

"Well, run along if it's too much for you, demon." Madelyn said, glaring coldly at Ruby.

"I know." The angel replied. "And that's why I'm gonna get it back?"

The younger hunter arched his brow. "What?" He questioned.

"My grace." Anna clarified.

"You can do that?" Dean asked.

"If I can find it." The red-head added.

"So, what, you're just gonna take some divine bong hit, and, shazam, you're Roma Downey?" The sandy haired male quizzed and released a sigh.

"Something like that." Anna responded.

"Alright. I like this plan." Dean stated, a hint of sarcasm in his tone. "So, where's this grace of yours?"

"Lost track." The angel answered. "I was falling about ten thousand mile per hour at the time."

"Wait." Sam interjected once more. "You mean falling, like, literally?"