99

play this when you see the ***

it's a pretty known song but I used it a lot when writing part of this chapter.

the end is so close :(

Harry Styles

"Shh...."

"Make a left coming up..."

"Keep your heads down."

"Don't fucking draw attention..."

"We don't have much time."

Stiff, I feel stiff like I can't move. I open my eyes and just see a slight blur. My muscles are tight, my airways shallow. I have a headache. My mouth is dry. I can't swallow. My eyes hurt to open. I have a stomach ache. I'm tired. Why am I so tired?

"Make a right up here..."

I painfully open my eyes again, seeing the same layer of blurriness. This time, I focus on the fact I see white light moving. One light after another passes above me like the ceiling is moving. Either that or I'm moving. I start to recognize the vibration under my back and the sound of footsteps all around me. With a foggy mind, I understand that maybe I am moving.

"Heads down!" I hear a whispered shout.

I groan in stiffness, shifting my shoulders a bit which only causes me pain. I try to take a deep breath in but it doesn't work. There's something over my mouth, cupping it. It's allowing me to breathe smoother.

"He's waking up." A voice above me is panicked.

"We need to hurry then..."

I open back up my eyes to try and focus. My vision becomes a fraction more clear with the progress. I see the passing ceiling lights again. But when I focus harder I start to see silhouettes of two heads over me. They stay in my line of vision rather than passing, meaning they were moving with me.

They were moving me.

"Can you hear me?" I see one of the shadowed heads lean down over my face.

I can hear, I just can't speak yet.

"If you can hear me, Harry. You need to stay quiet until the coast is clear."

All I do is blink, trying to adjust to what I was seeing so I know who is talking to me. My brain is fogging up in ways where I keep forgetting what's happening. I just want to sleep. I'm tired.

I groan again to where the two voices just panic.

"Shut him up!"

"I can't."

Blinking some more, my eyes start to slowly clear up to the world around me. Eventually, I see the two heads above. They were dressed in blue scrubs; masks over their mouths and matching caps on their heads.

Am I going into surgery?

Car accident. I was in a car accident.

I shut my eyes again and try to breathe through my discomforts, understanding that I'm being rolled down the hallway in my hospital bed. It wasn't until we stopped moving that I reopen my eyes to see the two doctors standing there like they were waiting to proceed.

Hearing the sound of the elevator chime, we move again, rolling into an elevator. I jostle my tight shoulders and try to wake up more, I feel like I've been in a ten-year sleep. I groan to myself, I'm so uncomfortable. I hear the elevator doors shut while gravity makes it known that we're going down.