18

The screaming always amazed me—

How loud fans can scream just to draw attention to their favourite artists. On paper, it's such a weird thing to do. When you hear one person scream, you immediately think something is wrong. You heart rate picks up and your mind goes red alert, instinct being someone needs help, is hurt, or in danger. But if you put twenty thousand people in front of a stage and they all scream, you think nothing of it. Screaming is what people want to hear in a stadium, but anywhere else it's in our human nature to think the worst.

In my dressing room five minutes till the show all I heard was screaming. Even all the way back here I could hear it muffled through the vents. They were all chanting for their favourite band, their icons.

I've avoided these icons all day.

When I got to the hotel I booked it to my new room in hope I wouldn't run into anyone. My mission was accomplished because I didn't meet a single soul I didn't want to. After getting settled there was soundcheck, I was suppose to be there for that until Sal told me to just get settled in and just take pictures of the show tonight instead. It was music to my ears because that just meant less time seeing Harry.

My day surprisingly was rather tame, after a long restful drive we arrived in Philadelphia the second stop on the trip. When I got to the hotel I showered, ate, and prepped for the show. I tried to push my nerves as way the entire day, hoping the concert would fly by and I wouldn't have to communicate with Harry at all.

When I got to the venue, I was escorted to the backstage like usual and shown my dressing room. This dressing room had fruit in it for me which I rather enjoyed.

I fiddled with my camera, putting in a new memory card. I luckily had plenty of backup memory cards, but I'm pissed he broke the other one. The show was suppose to start any moment, my nerves pumping because I always thought the worse was going to happen.

I ate fruit to distract myself, but my stomach was full. I couldn't help but pace, trying my hardest to get myself in order. I shouldn't be freaking out this hard, all I had to do was go take pictures of the band on stage. Once the show is done I can race back to the hotel and be alone. Then tomorrow I won't have to see them at all.

"Aven I need you out there please." I heard Sal knock on the door, my stomach pumping with heat.

"Okay." I shouted through the pineapple lodged in my cheeks.

I make sure I have what I need before pacing out the door and speeding down the narrow hallway. I tried to avoid contact with anyone because I was afraid the next person zooming around a corner would be him.

The long dressing room hallway was fairly empty as I nearly jogged down it closer to the noise of screaming fans. Everyone must've been on stage already, meaning the curtain was going to open any minute.

It kept my eyes down, turning on my camera while slightly jogging. I fiddled with the buttons until I heard a door open. I barely looked up until I smashed into a broad chest, literally taking my breath away.

My heart fell to my shoes before I looked up and was faced with Niall in a loose white sleeveless shirt. My eyes widened as our identical blue eyes connected. My throat went dry, my arms feeling heavy.

"You're going fast." He spoke.

Before I was about to say anything, I heard movement to the open door on the right. I turned my head and saw Louis and Liam coming out of the room Niall was just in. Liam smirked at me while Louis kept a straight face. They walked on either side of us so I was nearly circled besides my back.