22

^leaving this here for a visual you'll need later on in the chapter

Stepping out of the bus with my bag, I looked up at the next beautiful hotel that was miles in the sky. It felt like a constant rotation, by the end of this tour I'll be numb to the luxuries. Nova steps out behind me, noticing how my head was tossed back into the sky.

"You get used to it." She murmurs before walking forward up the grand steps.

I chuckle and follow, walking up the marvel steps to the gold revolving doors. It was a beautifully sunny day in Atlantic City, the weather was boiling until I walked into the air conditioned building.

I've noticed thus far that every hotel seemed to have echoing marble flooring. Nova and I walked in with our bags, the front desk on the other end of the huge open area.

"I think this hotel has a rooftop pool." She murmurs in interest as we walked through.

"That would be fun." I nodded.

"The things I would do if I had the time." She ponders as we reach the front desk, making me frown.

"Names?" The gentleman at the front desk in a dark blue suit asked the minute we came into his radius.

"Aven Brooks." I say.

"Nova Salinger." She says.

I turned my head at her in confusion, her last name immediately coming to a surprise for me.

"You're name is Nova... Salinger?" I arch my brow.

"Yeah..." She seemed confused on why I was confused.

"Meaning your father is Sal Salinger." I conclude, hoping she sees my point.

"Oh!" She laughs. "Sal isn't his real name. He goes by Sal because his last name is Salinger."

"Oh, so Sal is a nickname?"

"Yeah, his real name is Keith." She reveals while the receptionist places our golden key cards in front of us.

I couldn't help but laugh slightly, the way she just said Keith so bluntly.

"His name is Keith?" My laughing made her laugh.

"Yeah." She grins and nods. I'm happy she has the same sense of humour as me. "But if you tell him you know that then I'll get in shit." She snickers.

"Don't worry I wouldn't say anything." I chuckle.

"Good."

"Okay ladies these are your key cards. You get two for backup but if you loose them you will be charged. These grant you access to all the amenities in the building; gym, pool, and theatre."

Oh wow— I mean it's not like I'll be using any of those but that's super cool.

"Thanks." Nova grabs them and hands me mine.
"Thank you." I add.

I turn around and walk toward the elevators with her, my duffle bag on my shoulder. The suitcases were already brought to our rooms I believe, that's usually what happens here.

"God I would kill to go to the pool." She murmurs.

"Can't you find time to at least jump in?" I shrug as we walk down the marvel flooring.