23

it's getting crazy y'all ;) nice long chapter for you

Endless songs, endless pictures.

It was nearly eleven at night when I snapped the last photo of Duplicity on stage in Atlantic City. The show felt very long tonight, and I was very tired. Today was packed with many events; the dream about Harry, meeting Nova, watching the guys nearly die on motorcycles, forced to be by the pool with them, and now here.

Once the curtain closed, I felt a sense of relief because it meant today was finally over.

I put down my camera as the audience screamed from behind the barriers in the full arena. They once again put on and incredible show, and I got some great snaps of it.

I walked through the backstage, ready to get right out of here and go sleep in that beautiful hotel bed. My body weaves through all the backstage craziness, eventually getting my way to the dressing rooms.

When I got into my quiet room I packed up all my gear and quickly zipped up, excited to jet. I grabbed my phone and threw my bag over my shoulder, ready to be done. The minute I stepped out the door I saw all of Duplicity walking through to their dressing rooms towards my direction.

Niall smirked the minute he saw me, walking up and grabbing my hips uninvitedly.

"You comin' to the bar tonight sweetheart." His forehead nearly touched mine before I stepped back and forced his hands off me.

"No." I shake my head.

I look over Niall's shoulder and make half second eye contact with Harry. The minute our eyes met he turn away and went right into his room, shutting the door. 

"And why is that?"

"I'm tired." I say while the rest go into their rooms too.

"Then wake up." He persuades.

"I really don't want to." I shake my head again, the idea making me nervous.

He smiles, with evil. I didn't know how to feel about it, but I know I needed to leave.

"You know Aven, you might want to start getting along with all of us if you want this tour to go easier for you." He says in almost a whisper, my spine chilling because I didn't exact it from him.

"I—I'm trying to get along with everyone." I murmur in defence, knowing I'm not purposely trying to step on peoples toes.

"But yet," His eyes look me up and down. "You're still terrified after what you saw us do. So maybe if you get on are good sides... everything will be okay."

He spoke in a very ominous voice that was tainted with manipulation. I was taken back by it, because I expected this more form Harry then him. Niall and I aren't buddies but he always kinda came off as a lighter one. But these words were making me think he was more twisted then I thought.

I can trust no one.

"Are you threatening me?" I whisper timidly.

He grins wider, looking me up and down one last time.

"I'll see you tonight." He steps around me, walking to his room behind me back where I stood frozen.

I shut my eyes in misery, feeling defeated yet again. I heard him shut the door, leaving me alone in the hallway with my camera bag on my shoulder. I felt the emotion prick at the corner of my eyes and behind my nose, but I couldn't cry here.

I sniffle and kept it in, walking forward and out of the dressing room areas. The constant fear buried in my chest was wearing me out so bad that I couldn't even remember who I used to be before this tour. My life that I thought was hard was so fucking easy before this job. I have months and months to go, but I'm not sure if I'll make it.