33

If you watch vampire diaries then a part in this chapter will remind you of this gif. COMMENT WHEN YOU THINK YOU SEE THAT PART!!:)

 COMMENT WHEN YOU THINK YOU SEE THAT PART!!:)

Aven Brooks

I've always been scared of what I didn't know.

Sickness was the only feeling I understood in my body right now. My mind was blank of thoughts, my limbs absent of feeling. I was totally detached, but the only thing I could decipher was the nauseous feeling in my stomach. It was like an outer body experience, feeling like this. My soul felt like it was on vacation and my mind was just left with a bag of bones called my body. I felt dead, maybe I was. Maybe I wasn't actually driving down a long deserted road with the radio playing and the wind flying through my hair.

Maybe I actually was shot dead at that gas station.

I slowly turned my head and stared at Harry in the drivers seat. The wind blew his hair in different directions, his eyes disguised by sunglasses and on the road. He drove with his one wrist resting on top of the steering wheel, sat still in his seat.

We haven't spoken a word and we left the gas station half an hour ago.

The radio playing endless songs was the only distraction between my empty state of mind, but even with that I wasn't listening.

He looked pale, his skin was a little flushed.

My arms have been crossed over my stomach, my eyes staring back down at my feet because I was too nervous to look elsewhere in the world. The world felt very unsafe right now, it was too surreal for my brain to function.

"You should probably try and sleep, get your mind off of what happened." He spoke calmly for the first time since the getaway.

I kept my eyes to my lap, my arms clenching my stomach even harder. I felt so sick, I could barely think of anything else. I couldn't think to speak, but I know sleeping wasn't an option.

I stayed silent, my hair blowing softly in the wind.

"We need to gets things clear on what happened." He added, given I was silent. "I didn't plan for any of that."

My head stayed down, my eyes shutting behind my glasses. I know if I was in a different state of mind, I'd have endless questions. But I couldn't feel anything in me right now besides nausea, I couldn't even think to form a sentence.

"Aven." He says more assertively. "Say something to me."

I turn my head again and look at him, seeing how he was still looking at the road. I stayed silent, staring at him. I could tell in the tone of voice he was getting frustrated, he just doesn't get it. He was actually very flushed of colour, was he going to be sick?

"I watched a man get shot and die today." I spoke, my voice cracking as I did. I nearly forgot what I sounded like after all this time.