75

at the top is a song I recommend you play when you see the (*)

Aven Brooks

I stood on the platform, facing three mirrors that allowed me to see myself at multiple angles. The red dress hugged me in all the right places, slim on the torso but flowed delicately down my legs. The sweetheart neckline was deep, but just covering the white lace beneath it. The length of the dress just touched the floor with a slit, training only a couple inches behind me. It had two thin straps on top, which was great because strapless dresses always tend to make me nervous. I felt so tall in these black heels, they were gonna be interesting to walk it. They were pretty open besides a little strap around my ankle.

My hair was in loose curls, but hair sprayed down enough to stay intact. On my right side my hair was clipped back a bit with a red gem, matching the dress. She did an incredible job, I felt so pretty.

My eyes were smoky like she said, dark and prominent with fake eyelashes that only made the blue in my irises pop. My lips were matte red, a cherry shade that matched the dress as well. The rest of my face was beat with makeup but she managed to make it look so natural. I learned through our time together that her name was Lynn, she's in her early forties and she likes cosmopolitans cocktails.

"Gorgeous." She walks up from behind, significantly shorter than me when I was in heels and on a platform.

"You did an amazing job, thank you so much." I smile in appreciation.

"Are you happy?" She grins.

I stare at myself in the mirror, meeting my own eyes. So many thoughts popped into my head. Her question was meant to be nothing more then a topic of light discussion, but yet it only made me feel empty.

I pulled my eyes from my self and look at hers through the mirror, pulling a smile.

"You've made me feel good, thank you." I answer in the best way I could.

"I'll give you some privacy to get use to it." She rubs my arms and turns around, exiting the bedroom after spending nearly two hours with me. She's done so much; hair, makeup, even dressed me. I mean I got into the white lingerie set myself but she got me into the dress. I asked her about the set and why it mattered what I wore underneath the dress, and she simply told me it was just to make me feel beautiful.

Lynn is a very nice lady.

Staring at myself, I pull a small smile again. I've never felt less like myself in my life, but it was a nice change. I've never been so professionally done up like this, but I was nervous of what was to come. My hands gently ran down the sides of the dress, feeling it fitted to my body. The texture was rich, I didn't even want to know how much this all costed.

The door opened in the dust behind me, my eyes drawing to it through the mirror I was facing. My stomach turned realizing someone was going to see me like this for the first time, I had no idea who. The door creaked open through the dimly lit end of the room, in walking a tall figure. The room was darker than where I was standing, the only light being from the lamps and the lightbulbs along the mirrors I was facing. Shutting the door behind them, I slowly understood it was Harry when he got closer and closer to the glowing end of the room.