Buddy and Butch

Excitement began to fill Butch as they passed the Welcome to Mercy Hallow sign. He could not wait to meet his brothers though he was nervous about meeting their mom. She sounded a little odd and he feared that she might think he was a bad influence on her boys.

Butch looked at his thick curly hair in the side mirror and wondered if he should have a gotten a hair cut. Maybe she would find him more acceptable if his hair was not hanging over his ears.

"Oh hey thanks again for texting daddy." Brian said. "That was really quick thinking." 

"You're welcome."  Butch replied. "I don't think he was too happy with me for doing it."  He squirmed in his seat as he thought about the look he gave him. One would think he had run over his dog.

"No he wasn't." Brian said. He was far from happy. Probably views Butch as a disloyal snitch like he does me. Which means he probably want to dispense his own brand on him as well now.

"What do you think will happen at school tomorrow."

"I don't know." Brian said as butterflies filled his stomach. "But I'm not letting anyone take me to the jock's lounge."  He gripped the wheel tightly. "I will fight them every step of the way before I let them take me to their private dungeon."

"I'm sure dad won't let Ron do anything to you." Butch said with confidence in his voice.

"Its not just Ron I'm worried about." He said as he turned the corner. "Its the rest of the football team too. They are not going to be too happy with what I did either."  He then muttered "A lot of people won't be."

I'm definitely going to be the school pariah. More so than Jasper.

"Have you ever thought about being homeschooled?" Butch asked.

"Heck no." Brian scoffed. "I would go to your school and get my knuckles whacked by nuns before I would do that.

"My school doesn't have nuns." Butch said. "At least the high school anyway."

"I would still go there even if every teacher was a nun weilding a yardstick." Brian said.

"So you are saying that you would never want to be homeschooled?" Butch asked.

"Yes, I would never want to do that." He then looked at him. "You?"

"I'm thinking about it." Butch told him.

He gave him his brother a look that questioned his sanity. "Why?"

Butch shrugged. "I just want to get out of my school."

"Okay but you could come to Adams high with me or go to Brooks' school." He said.

"I can't go to Brooks's school I'm not Lutheran." He said. "They would be taping the 99 point Theisis to my locker."

Brian smirked as he said "I doubt that they would do that."

"Yeah but I doubt they will being welcoming a Catholic boy with open arms." Butch said. "Not many people anyway."

"Then come to my school don't be homeschooled man." Brian said in a pleading tone. "You're going to hate being stuck home all day not having a social life."

"Like I have much of one right now." Butch said. If I am not under supervision of Ben or Brandon I'm stuck at home all day.

"Well you will have even less." Brian said. "And besides who is going to do the homeschooling? Tony? Your mom?"

"Brandon."

"Brandon!" He laughed. "Be serious."

"I am serious.