back at the flowershop

It was ten o'clock the next morning when Burt, Brian, and Butch walked into the flowershop. They had just returned from Mercy Hallow where they had dropped Byron off at his mom's. Something he wished that he did not have to do. If he had his way he would have kept him a little longer but unfortunately he could not.

But at least they got to see Byshe and Barret. He promised them that they would get to spend the night soon.

He just had to find a place first.

One more thing on my agenda but first I have to see about closing down the store.

Which he found heartbreaking. It was a good store and very successful. No thanks to Elizabeth.

"Okay let's start with emptying the trash and counting the money in the tills." Fortunately Clara had given them the password so they could access the passwords and the POS systems.

Burt thought how he would have to make sure the employees get paid, refund those whose orders were not completed, and call the vendors to cancel orders.

He walked into the office and felt a cold shiver pass through him. Even though she was at the hospital he could feel her presence in there. Her evil, narcissistic presence.

The quicker we get out of here the better he cringed.

He walked over to the safe where he was expecting to find the deposit from a couple of days ago. Instead he found four.

What in the world he thought. Who just leaves deposits sitting around? Elizabeth that's who he thought.

He grabbed the deposits and the petty cash box and sat at the desk. Her work computer was absent taken by the police. They had not told him yet if anything was found on it.

And he was not sure if he wanted to know anymore.

He had finished counting the petty cash when Butch walked in with a black trash bag.

"Did you remember the bathrooms?" Burt asked.

"Yes daddy." He thought how they were disgusting.

"Good man." Burt said as he put the money in a blue bag.

Butch emptied the trash can into the bag and sheepishly said "Daddy."

"Yes buddy."

"I'm Butch." He said.

"Doesn't change the fact that you are still my buddy." Burt said which caused Burt to smile. "What's up."

"We never did talk about my grounding last night."

"No we didnt." Burt said. "And for that I apologize." He then motioned to the chair across from him. "Have a seat."
Butch sat and Burt asked "How long have you been grounded again."

"Two months." Butch said. "Mom and Tony said it was indefinite."

"I did talk to them about your grounding." Burt said. "Your mom is still upset about your behavior."

"I know." Butch said. "And I am sorry for what I did and I promise I will never do it again." He then add "I'll be good."

"I'll hold you to that."

I have no doubt you will Butch thought.

"I'm not happy with what you did too." Butch's shoulders slumped. "But I think you have suffered enough."

"Thank you daddy." He said with relief in his voice

"You're welcome." Burt said. "Unfortunately this is only when you are with me. Its up to your mom to decide if you are still grounded when you visit with her."