Prisons

Mason remained silent while he was fingerprinted and photographed. He just stared off into space with an vacant expression. The deputies who were processing him were not sure if even knew where he was or what was happening.

When he was told to empty his pockets he just stood with his hands at his side.  Tammy removed his wallet, keys, and cell phone.

"We should take his belt too." A male deputy said.

Tammy shook her head in agreement. She went to remove it but the deputy said he would. He then told Mason he was just taking his belt to which he did not reply.

As the belt slipped off his waist a tear ran down Mason's cheek and he said "Please don't whip me."

"No one is going to whip you." Tammy said in a consoling voice. She then placed her on his shoulder and he winced. "Its okay Mason."

"Dont make me kiss you mommy." He said. "It makes me feel dirty."

Water filled Tammy's eyes and the male deputies face fell.

"Let me take him to a cell."  The deputy said and then led him from processing.

"Do I have to stand in the corner?" Mason asked.

"No." The deputy said. "No corner."

"Thank you." He said in a childish voice.

Tammy watched him walk towards the cells and said "That evil bitch." She then wiped her eyes.

"Yes she is." Ben said as he walked up next to her.

"Do you think she did to Brandon and Buddy what she did to you and Mason?"

"I don't know." Ben said. "Maybe."  I was always too scared to ask. Guilt began to eat at him. "I better go. I need to talk to Paula." Tell her everything and pray that she does not take our son and leave.

"Good luck."

"Thanks."

Tammy shot him a sympathetic look.

Mason was led into the cell block. He did not respond when his name was called from the main cell. "Mason!"  His Uncle Stan said as he walked to the cell bars. "Mason what are you doing here."

Mason did not look at him as was walked past one of the main cells.

Stan gripped the bars as he yelled "You better answer me boy!"

"Shut up jerk." One of the other prisoners said.

Mason was placed into a smaller private cell that was normally used for juveniles. Mason laid on the cot while the guard closed the door

The deputy walked past the cell and Stan said "Hey why is he here."

"None of your business."

Stan glowered as he said "It is my business he's my nephew."

"Your his uncle?" The deputy blinked.

"Yes."

"I really feel for the kid." The deputy said and walked off.

"What is that suppose to mean." He yelled after the deputy. "Hey! Tell me what you mean by that."

"He means you are loud mouth jerk." One of his cellmates said and the other laughed.

"Shut up you cretins."  He then looked at the cell Mason was in. He was on the cot facing the wall. "Mason." He yelled. "Why are you here."

"Leave the kid alone." A prisoner said.