Chapter L

Butch stood frozen outside of the Johnson residence as waves of emotions began to cascade down on him.  His eyes began to fill with warm tears that he desperately tried to control.  Pain swelled up inside of him as he just stood and stared at the house.

"Come on Butch."  Butch remained paralyzed his body refused to listen to his commands.  Brandon then walked over to him and asked "What's wrong?"

It took a few seconds for him to summon the strength to talk.  "I've never been in the house before."

He waited in the car, on the porch but was never allowed in the house.  Wait here Butch he could hear his brother say, Elizabeth does not want you in the house Butch.  He never understood why Ben was allowed in the house, why there was a time that he had a room that eventually became Brandon's and he did not.  Even when Elizabeth was not there Brandon and Ben told him to wait outside.

A look of guilt crossed his face. "I'm sorry man."  

Butch quickly wiped his eyes.  "It's okay.  I just always hoped that one daddy would say hey Butch why don't you come in.  Butch why don't you come over for dinner with us some night.  Butch you have every right to be here because you are my son too."  

"Well daddy does want you in the house."  Brandon placed his hand on his shoulder. "Come on I'll show you around."

"Okay."  He said.

The two walked into the house and Brandon placed his hand on Butch's back as they walked in. "So this is the living room, not too different from yours."

"You have the same couch as us."  Butch said looking at the brown Napa leather sofa that sat three.  Two brown leather recliners sat at either end of the couch and solid wood coffee table sat across from the couch.  "That would kill your mother if she found out."

"That's why I've never told her."  Brandon said.  She would probably set the sofa on fire if she discovered that Butch's mom owned the same one.   And that would be just the waste of a good sofa.

"Over here is daddy's study."  He said as he opened the door revealing the study.

"Nice."  Butch said as he walked in.

"Does Tony have study?"

"Oh yeah."  Butch said. "It's called his bathroom.  Its filled with car magazines."

"Daddy's is filled with business magazines."  Brandon said.  "Ben, Mason, Buddy, and myself have gotten a few butt whippings in here."

"But not Esther?"

Brandon then smirked.  "I don't think Esther has ever gotten a butt whipping in her life.  She's too perfect to get into trouble."

"I can believe that."

"My mom texted me earlier that there was a mess in her that she wanted me to clean up."  He then saw the broken class and the brown stain on the carpet.  "And there it is."

"And you are still going to do it even all that she has done today."

"Yeah."  Brandon said.  "I don't want any grief for not doing do it."

"I guess."  Butch said.  "So did someone have an accident."

"I highly doubt that this was an accident."  He said as he grabbed a trashcan.  "My mom probably threw the glass at daddy."  He gingerly picked up the broken glass and tossed it into the can. 

"Does that happen often?"

"It seems to be happening alot more over the last couple of months."  He said.  "She has broken two tv remotes, five glasses, and one very expensive vase."

"She really doesn't like dad does she?"

"No she doesn't."  He shook his head as he stood. "I'm going to go get the vacuum."

Butch followed him out to a closet that was close to the study.  Brandon pulled out the vacuum as Butch said "I guess we really can't blame her for not liking daddy too much after all he's done."

"After all he's done."  He said with annoyance.  "You know its amazing how everyone forgets my mom cheated on Mason's father with him.  And daddy was not even the first person that she had cheated on Mason's father with.  From what understand she had another lover before daddy."

"I didn't know that."  He then asked "How do you know about that."

"I overheard grandmom and Uncle Van talking about it when they thought I was asleep on the couch."  Brandon said.  "Oh yes and let us also not forget that my mom also cheated on my dad some years ago too.  So she is not as innocent as she claims."

They then walked into the living room and Butch then said "I wish that she did not hate me so much."

"If it is any consolation she's not fond of our other siblings either."  He said.  

"That's not much of consolation."  Butch said somberely.

"I didn't think it would be."  He then said "Look it's not your fault. She's just angry and bitter."

"I know."

"So I take it she doesn't know that I am here."  He placed his hands in his pockets and he slumped over.

"No."  Brandon then shuddered.  "She would kill me if she found out that you were here." 

"Maybe I should go."

"No you shouldn't."  He said. "Daddy wants you here and this is where you are going to stay until comes home.  But if she comes home we have to get out quickly."  He hoped that she did not come home before daddy did.  That would not be pretty.  He would probably be the one getting a vase thrown at.  "Why don't you grab a seat while I finish cleaning this up."

"Okay."  He said and sat behind his desk.  He sunk down into the leather chair thinking how comfortable it was. 

Brandon soon finished up in the study and then showed Butch the kitchen where they grabbed a couple of sodas.  He told him that he was free to come down to get something if wanted but admonished him not to touch their daddy's beer.  

He then showed him Esther's room and then walked across the hall.  "Over here is Mason's  room, I'll show it to you but don't go in.  This is sacred ground no one but my momma and Mason are allowed to go in."  He then opened the door and Butch's eyes widened when he saw the pictures lined up on the back wall.  

"That is creepy."  He said.

"Yes it is."  He then closed he door. "I firmly believe if myself, Esther, and Buddy were to disappear she wouldn't care as long as she still had Mason."

"I know the feeling."  He muttered.

"Let's go upstairs."

The two went upstairs where he showed them his parents room.  Butch was tempted to walk in and touch his stepmother's stuff hoping to leave his scent.  He then show him the bathroom and then his bedroom.  "And finally Buddy's room."

"Man this is tiny."  He said astonished.  "Harry Potter's room under the stair case was bigger than this."

"I'll take your word on that."  He said.  His notification then went off and he saw that it was a text from Amber.  "Why don't you chill in Buddy's room for awhile."

"Okay."  He then walked in and Brandon closed the door.

"I can't believe how small this room is."  He said as he looked around.  "Even daddy's study is bigger."  He then sat on the bed and grabbed a remote from the nightstand.  He turned on the television and turned to a channel that was playing Supernatural .    He then laid back hoping that Brandon would forget about going out and just let him watch television all day.