Chapter LXXIV

"May I ask you another question?"  Brian asked giving his father an awkward look.  He thought how he was not really nervous about asking the question on his mind but more uncomfortable.  It was a pressing question that he had all day but he was uncertain if he wanted the answer.  

"Sure son."  Burt said feeling some discomfort of his own.   He thought how Brian had not reacted too well to many of the questions he had asked this afternoon and feared that this could be another controversial question which may damage their relationship further.  One  that was already on shaky ground and he was not sure how many more blows it could take.

The unease increased inside of Brian and he shifted in his seat as he worked the nerve to ask the question.  "Are you going to still whip me when I am adult?"

"I'm sorry?"

"Will you still be giving me spankings when I get older?"   He asked.  "I mean Uncle Eli still whips Eli junior even though he is twenty."

"That he does."   He thought how his nephew still received both punishment and maintenance spankings from his brother.   

"And Ethan said that its not uncommon for guys in our town."  And probably our county he thought.  "To still get their butts beat in their twenties."

"Not just guys, girls too."  Burt told him.  "One of Butch's aunts lived at home until her late twenties and Butch's grandmother gave her spankings when she did not behave."  That was one of the reason why we married so young, Amanda desperately wanted to get out of that house and from out of her mother's thumb he mused.   If my former mother in law had her way she would still be using the strap on her daughters even though they were in their thirties and forties.  

"Dang that would be embarrassing."  Brian said.

"Yes it was."  Burt agreed.  "Especially since she was not above doing it in front of company."  

"And she allowed her mom to do this."  He said flabbergasted.  

Burt shrugged.  "She lived in her house and was under her authority.   She hated it but at the same time felt that she had no choice but to take the whipping."

"I guess Eli junior probably feels the same way."

"Probably."  He said.  "But to answer your question, decided a long time ago to stop using corporal punishment on my children when they turned eighteen.  Though I admit that I have been tempted to take the paddle across Brandon's backside a couple of times but I have not spanked him or any of your other siblings since they became adults."  He thought how a couple of them would probably fight him before they allowed him to spank them.  "So you really don't have anything to worry about."

"Thank you."  He nodded.

"Unless you do something monumental stupid and then I might have to go back on that promise."  Burt said jokingly.

"I'll try not to."  Brian said a bit nervous.

Burt then smirked.  "I know you will."  out of all his children he sincerely doubt that he would be the one to do something stupid enough to make him use corporal punishment on him as an adult.

"Do you think Butch's mom and stepdad will probably still be whipping him when he's an adult."

He saw his father tense at the question and then relax.  "Don't you worry about your brother Buddy."  He said in assuring tone.  "He's going to be okay."

If you say so he thought but he doubted he was going to be okay living in that house with his stepfather.  Correction he thought stepfather slash half uncle.  Brian then smirked when he realized that also meant that his mom was not only his mom but also his aunt in law.