Ruminations

I can't believe its done. I had to check and saw that I have been working on this story for the last three years. I wanted to thank everyone whose been reading it over the past three years I really appreciate it.

The story has gone through a lot of changes.

Some of the differences.

Brandon was going to be a lot harsher with Buddy.

Mason hated Buddy and was not afraid to show. He would have been a bully to him.

Buddy would have been a doormat to his girlfriend.

Ben and Butch were only other children of his father.

I had also intended for the homeschooling to happen but realized that would be something Buddy would hate.

The big plot line that did not exist and became what tv tropes would call a plot tumor was Elizabeth's abuse of Mason. She was suppose to be overprotective, controlling but not an evil monster who preyed on herown sons and stepson.

I had planned for Buddy to get so dissatisfied with the town that he was going to run off in the middle of the night. But again I realized this character loved his family, his friends, and girlfriend too much to just leave.

I like how Burt went from a rather cold unfeeling father to a loving one.

I kind of wish that I had focused more on his relationship with Nicole but with all the other storylines I could not fit that in.

The new age friend of Brandon's was suppose to come back. But again could not fit her in.

The hardest thing was how to end it. When I started I knew where it was going. Buddy was going to have a falling out with his family, there was to be a crash with the sport car and at first they think its him who was badly injured but then find out it was Parker who Buddy had given the car to so he could pay his debts and Buddy would have shown up at the front of his other grandmother.

But that got derailed. Which may have been fortunate.

I almost ended it with the three going to Arizona for astronomy camp but realized that Brandon was still a hanging plot line so I made sure to return him home.

There would have been two epilogues. One for Life of Jasper and a second for a follow up story but I decided I do a third story its epilogue will just be at the end of life of Jasper.

We will see how that goes.