chapter

Out of all my children Parker is going to be the most challenging Burt mused. He is the one who is going to be hardest to reconcile with. He thought how he had so much bitterness and resentment towards him.

And he did not blame him.

He had failed the boy so many times he doubted that there was a chance they could reconcile.
Burt looked at the boy whose arms were crossed as he leaned against the window. He not been to talkative at the restaurant and said very little on the drive home.

"You okay?" Burt asked.

"No." He replied.

"Are you upset about the grounding."

"Yes." Parker said. "Its not fair."

Burt nodded his head. "Fair or not you are going to abide it." He said sternly.

"I know." Parker said.

"And don't try to talk your mom into letting you out of it." Burt said.

"I won't." He said.

Sure you won't thought Burt skeptically. You are alreay planning how you are going to talk into lifting your grounding.

Well its not going to happen he thought. You are going to serve your grounding. Even if I have to make you sit in my office every say this summer to do it I will.

"I'm sorry about Mason." Parker said.

"Thanks."

"I'm glad Elizabeth is in jail though." Parker said. Too bad she could not have gone to jail a long time ago. I hate that woman so much.

"Same here." Burt said.

"I just can't believe she did all that stuff to Mason." He said in disbelief. "That she treated her own son like that." His stomach turned as he thought about what she did to him. How humbling it must have been for him to lay naked over a bed while his own mother inserted something up his anus.

No wonder he snapped.

"Me too." He said somberly.

"I could never see my mom doing anything like that to Eric or myself." Parker said. "Thankfully."

"You do have a good mom." Burt said.

"Yeah I do." I never realized how good of a mom she was. "She's the best." A serious expression crossed his face. Burt did not think he had ever seen his son look so serious before. "Why do you think Elizabeth is the way she is?"

Burt sighed. "I've been wondering that myself but I have no idea."

"I bet something happened to her as a kid." Parker said a matter of factly. "Something really messed up."

"I've thought that too." Burt said as they pulled into the trailer park. "Doesnt excuse what she did."

"No." Parker emphatically agreed.

"It would not surprise me if it was at that boarding school she went too as a teen." Burt gave him an awkward look. "Has anyone ever done anything to you?"

"No." Parker shook his head. "You?"

"No." Burt said. "Though I think something may have happened with a couple of my female cousins." He told him. "But I'm not sure. You didn't talk about stuff like that back then."

Burt pulled up to the trailer and parked next to a dark blue sedan which was Parker's car. He had given the car to Parker for his seventeenth birthday last December. A action which did not please Elizabeth.