Brandon

Brandon pulled into the driveway of the home while the family was watching Brian's plane take off from the runaway.  He kicked himself for not saying goodbye to them before they left but Amber and him did not get back to Adamsville until the morning and he had taken a nap at his girlfriend's house before going home.

I'll call them when they get to Arizona he thought.

Brandon got out of his car and he was hit by a rush of emotion as he looked at the house.  He had not been back since the day his father told them they were moving out.  A sick feeling filled his stomach and he had the urge to jump back into his car and speed off.  A part time told him to go the new house, his daddy would not mind if he moved in there.

No he thought.  I am going to stay here.  I am going to face my demons and not be conquered by them.

He swallowed against the lump  that formed in his throat as forced himself to get his bags from the car.

"Look whose back."  Eli junior said with a broad grin as he walked down the steps.  "The prodigal cousin has returned."

Eli noticed that Brandon was growing his hair out again. He wondered if he was going back to the boy band look he once sported.

"Hey Eli."  Brandon said.

"How are you cousin?"  Eli asked with a look of sympathy in his eyes. 

"I'm good."  Brandon said putting up a brave front.

"I'll take one of your bags."  Eli said as he took a suitcase from his hand.  He then took a drink of his ice as they walked to the house.  "I'll show what we have done with the place."

That made Brandon a bit nervous.

They walked in  and Brandon found that the living room had a couple of new couches and bean bags chairs.  It seemed a little more warmer and friendlier than it once did. 

Eli walked over to his father's office.  "We turned your daddy's office into a game room."  He then opened the door.  "Ron and Bright are coming over in twenty minutes to play video games ."

Bright being here would kill my mother he thought. 

 He closed the door and they then walked down the hallway and they stepped by the two bedrooms.  "Elena moved into Mason's old room."  He told him.

He looked into the room and thought how it was weird not to see all the pictures of him and their mom.

"What happened to all his stuff?"  Brandon asked.

"Its at his daddy's house."  Eli told him. "When he gets out of the hospital he can decide if he wants to stay with his daddy or move in with Uncle Burt."

"But he's not moving back here?"  Brandon asked.

"No."  Eli shook his head. "From what I understand the doctors have said that is not even an option from him.  They fear him being anywhere this place will cause him to have another nervous breakdown."

For a moment Brandon could see his brother laying over the bed naked with a piece of ginger root crammed up his glowing red backside.  He could hear his cries as he begged his mother to take it out. 

Go away he thought as he pushed the image from his mind. 

"You okay?"  Eli junior asked.

"Yeah I'm fine."  He said.  "How is Mason?"  He thought how he had called him each day since he left and he sounded good over the phone.

"Doing better."  Eli junior replied. "My daddy and Ethan and Eric are visiting him right now.  Elena and Esther are going to try to seem after work."  

"Our dads sure loved the letters B and E didn't they."  Brandon said amused.

"That they did."  

The two then walked upstairs.  "Right now Buddy's room is empty."  Eli junior said. "Ron is talking about moving in so we will probably have him stay there."

"And my room?" Brandon asked.

"That's the thing."  Eli said.  "We decided to give you the master bedroom and I took your old room."  He then gave him a questioning look.  "Is that okay?"

"Its fine."

They then walked into the room.  His bed had been moved from his room and the his parent's bed was gone.  He guessed that his father took to the new house.  Or maybe he burned it he thought.  Considering what happened on it he probably should have burned it.

As he looked around the room he could feel his drunk mother pawing at him, forcing herself upon as she tried to kiss her.  He closed his eyes as trying to compose himself.

"Brandon."  Eli junior said. "Hey you sure you want to be here?"

"Yeah."  He said as he looked at his cousin.  "I can do this."

If you say so he thought. 

"I'm going backdown stairs let me know if you need anything."

"Okay."

Brando unpacked quickly and was about to leave when he saw a manila folder on his desk.  Inside of it was all the research that he had done on homeschooling.  Mixed feelings went through him as he dropped the folder into the trashcan.  He looked at the file a few moments and sighed.

Let it go Brandon.  It was weird that you wanted to do it and its for the best if you stop thinking about it.

Brandon pulled his phone out from his pocket and then called his father's number. "Hey daddy just want to let you know that I am home."

"Great."  Burt said wishing that he had moved in with them.  "We are just leaving Houston now.  We will be back later this afternoon do you want to have lunch with us tonight."

"I would like that."  Brandon said.

"See you tonight."  Burt said.

Brandon walked out of the room but then heard a voice call his name.  He turned to see his mother laying on his bed with a perverse smile plastered across her face.  No you are not here is body began shake up and he rushed into the room bathroom and vomited into the toilet.  Tears rolled down his face as he thought you are not here, you are not here.

He then heard the front door open.  "Yo Brandon."  Ron called out.

Brandon wiped his eyes.  "Coming."  He then washed his mouth out and and wiped his face off.  He then saw her again in the mirror.  The sick smile, her eyes lusting after him. Brandon smashed his hand into the mirror and then cried out in pain causing Eli and the others to rush up the stairs.