Tommy

Tommy loved hanging out at the shopping center and watching the drama unfold. And fortunately there was always drama. Couples fighting, parents and kids yelling at each other, employers taking their employees out back for a beating. There was a never ending supply of conflict to keep him amused.

He was sad to see Mister Winters go.  He had given him so much amusement over the last couple of months. Disappointment filled him that he was unable to go through with his plan to get Butch beaten again. He was sure it was would have been quite brutal.

Oh well maybe the new manager will provide some entertainment. And if not him maybe someone else.

Perhaps those brothers from the other will return and the older one will give the younger another beating.

And maybe he won't stop with just a few swats to his legs.

Tommy watched as a black car pull up. A man in his late forties and a teenager got out. His interest piqued as he watched them and his heart began to race.

Please oh please went through his mind as he got his cell phone ready.

"Why are we here?" Jasper asked his father nervously.

"Its time for you to have a job." Chris Collins said with annoyance in his voice.

"I thought I was going to get one once school was out?"

"You are going to get one now." He snapped.

Jasper shrunk before his father as he said "Yes sir." He then hung his head.

"Move it boy." He said impatiently. "And watch your attitude boy. Your sister is not here to save you this time."

"Yes dad." They started to walk across the parking lot. He then looked at the stores thinking where he could apply. "The hobby store is hiring." Mike's Hobby Emporium was three stores to the right of Lucky's.

"I already got you a job." He said gruffly.

"You did?" A bad feeling stirred inside of him.

"Yes I did." He said annoyed.

"Where?" Jasper asked as his mouth went dry.

"Lucky's." Collins said.

"Dad no." A look of dread crossed his face. "Please don't make me work there. I heard what Mister Winters did to Butch Johnson."  Panic filled him and he found it hard to breath

"Stop it."

"Please dad...."

"I said stop!"  Collins yelled as he gave Jasper a hard slap almost sending him to the ground.

"Yes!" A voice said from somewhere.

"If you would stop acting like an idiot for minute then I could tell you that Winters is no longer the manager."

"He's not?" Jasper held his stinging cheek.

"No he's not."

"Who is?" He asked.

"You'll find out when you go in." He said gritted his teeth. "Now move before I slap you again."

"Yes dad." Jasper said.

Oh come on hit him again the thirteen year old thought. Frustration filled him as they walked in.

Jasper's eyes opened wide when he walked into the store. "Skylar."

"Hey Jasper." His twenty year old half  brother said.

"You're the manager now."

"Yep." His eyes then focused on the red mark on his cheek. He looked at his father with disapproval. "You hit him."

"Yes." Collins said. "Don't make a big deal out of it."

Skylar looked as if he wanted to say something but then said "Lets sit down."

As three sat Tommy walked in. Chris who had decided to return after he learned of Winters' dismissal said "What do you want Tommy?"

Tommy ordered and then walked to table as he eyed the three.

"Now I expect you to be on your best behavior." Collins said. "Your brother won't beat you like Winters did the Johnson boy but I have given him permission to spank you if you don't behave yourself."

"I'm sure Jasper will." Skylar said confidently.

"Be prepared to be disappointed." Collins said.

Jasper cringed and Skylar said "Stop it dad."

"Dont tell me to stop." Collins said. "You are not too big for a butt whipping yourself."

Skylar gave him a dirty look and said "You will start tomorrow after school."

Tomorrow after school Tommy thought as excitement filled him.

"Okay."

"You'll with until nine and then I will take you home." He said.

"Okay."

Skylar then put out his hand. "I look forward to working with you."

"Me too." Jasper said.

Me three Tommy thought as he squirmed with delight.

"Well we should go." Collins said.

The three said goodbye to each other and Skylar watched as they walked out. He then pulled out his cell phone and texted.

He slapped him. Left a red mark on his cheek. Just thought you would want to know.

A reply came. Thank you.

You're welcome.

Skylar told Chris he was going to his office. Tommy jumped from his seat and said "See you tomorrow Chris."

Chris just scowled as he left.

Excitement filled Tommy as he thought how he had a new target.