the chapter with the breakdown

Brian was sitting at his computer trying to put everything that happened behind him. He did not want to think about his mom, her stupid friends, or angry sisters of disappointed brides.

He just wanted to get online and forget.

He avoided social media. He was sure that Facebook, Twitter, and Reddit were probably filled with stuff about his mother. Heck there probably even on MySpace talking about it.

Instead he went on YouTube.

Of course what was the first thing in recommendations. Local YouTuber Kelsey Adams' video about his mother's arrest and the accusations against her.

Brian let out a sigh. I really hate the internet. He clicked on the not interested button.

He scrolled down his recommendations and saw yet another video. Eyes on Adamsville by his cousins Tray and Trina Summers who were the children of his mom's cousin.

He sighed as he hit the button againCan't get away from it can I? I bet there are probably even stories about it on Wattpadd he mused.

"The Netflix documentary will be coming soon." He muttered as he continued to scroll.

"Sorry but I'm going to go work at my daddy's gas station." Butch said into his cell phone as he walked out of the kitchen. "But thanks for thinking of me Skylar."

Brian gave his brother a questioning look.

"Bye." He said and then placed the phone on the table. "That was Skylar Collins." Butch opened the soda can. "He's the new manager of Lucky's and wanted to know if I wanted to come back."

"Oh."  Brian said.

"Evidently my friend Chris went back." He told him. "Which surprised me." Butch took a drink of his soda."I don't think I could ever go back there after what Mister Winters did to me."

"I feel the same about the house." Brian said. "After all that happened there I don't think I could ever have a good night's sleep there again."

"I imagine not." Butch said sympathetically.

The door then opened and Burt walked in. "Hey daddy." Byron said as he laid on the couch."

"Hey Byron." He then looked at the screen which was playing an intense gun battle. Not something his mom would approve of he thought.

"Where's Brendan?" Butch said as he walked over to him.

"I dropped him off at home." Burt said. "I wanted to bring him over tonight but his mom and stepdad already had plans."

"Too bad."

"Did you talk to Brandon?"

"Yeah." Burt said with concern in his eyes. "He's on his way to Amber's college. Probably will get there around eight."  He then looked at Byron. "Byron."

"Yes daddy."

"Turn that off you know your mom would have a fit if she knew you were watching that."

"Yes daddy."

"Its just Alias." Butch said.

"Doesn't matter."  Burt said to Byron. "Come over here."

"Come on dad punish him." Brian said.

"Relax Buddy I'm not going to punish him."  He then looked at Byron. "I'm keeping you here for another night if that is okay."

The boy became emotional as he said "That's fine."

"Unfortunately I have to take you home after breakfast tomorrow but I'll work something out with your mom to bring you back next week."