Chapter LIX

Brandon's could not get what Trudy had said to him out of his mind as he drove down Main Street.  Not what she said about past lives of course, that was something that he did not believe.  But the part about him having an unhealthy would not stop playing in his mind like an old broken record.  He tried to force them from his mind but they continued to return like unwanted intruders.  He tried to think about other things only for his thought to lead back to his conversation with her.

Is it true he wondered.  Was he obsessed with Brian and perhaps his other siblings.

He then looked at Butch who was lost in his thoughts and wondered if he would agree.  He turned off the radio that was playing some old Johnny Cash song and said "Hey man I want to ask you something."

"Okay."  Butch said with a shrug.

"Do you think I have an unhealthy obsession with you guys."

"An unhealthy obsession?"  Butch questioned.

"Yeah do you think I am too wrapped in you, Buddy and the others."  They then pulled up behind a truck that was pulling a trailer with Porta Potties in it.  He eyed the name of the company that was displayed on the doors.  Prince of Potties he read silently.  That's a stupid name.  Who came up with that.

"No I don't think you are obsessed with us."  Butch answered and Brandon questioned if his brother was answering honestly or not.  "I mean you are overprotective but I think that's because daddy makes you be overprotective of us."

"That he does."  Brandon replied.  I don't know who came up with that name but I bet you it's another Adams company he thought scornfully.  "So you don't think I am danger to you guys."

"No."  He said with vehemence in his voice.  "If I thought you were a danger would I be asking you to home school me."

"I guess not."  The traffic started moving again and Brandon hit his turn signal and went around the truck.  Like the Porta-potties the name was on the side of the truck as well.  But he then saw one bit of information missing from the potties.  A Johnson Enterprises subsidary.  

Oh he thought I guess daddy he came up with that name he thought.  I didn't even know he was in the potty business.

"Do you think you are a danger to us?"  Butch asked.

"No." He said.  "At least I hope I am not."

"I hope you are not too."  He said.  "Did Trudy say something."

"Yes."  She did he said as he turned off of Main street onto Grover road.  He thought how for the longest time he thought it was named after the Muppet.  It was not until he was sixteen when someone informed him it was named after Grover Adams one of the former town mayors.   "She feels I am too obsessed with yous and its unhealthy and dangerous."  At least Buddy he thought.

"Nonsense."  Butch said.  "I feel Ben is more of a danger to us than you."  

"He can get intense can't he."

"Yeah."  Butch replied.  But again he guessed that was the fault of their father who pushed him to be a third parent to them.  "So what else did she say?"

"Just some stuff about past lives."  He then asked.  "What do you think about past lives?"

"I kind of lean towards the whole we are appointed once to die and after that the judgment thing."  Butch said.

"I have no idea what you are talking about." Brandon said.

"It means we only live once, we die and then we face judgment of where we are going to spend all eternity."  Butch said.  "You know Heaven or Hell."