Elizabeth

"I need your help." Elizabeth said to her two friends. Technically she was not allowed to have visitors until she was transferred to the county prison. But the sheriff having sympathy for her plight allowed it. "I've been framed by Burt who turned my sons against me."

"We know dear we know." Helen Jennings gave her a pitying look as she held her hand. "You would never do such awful things to your boys." She then looked the woman behind her. "Right Maureen." Maureen Kepler did not answer she gave the two woman an uncomfortable look. "I said right Maureen." Her eyes then narrowed at her.

"Yes right." Maureen shifted her feet.

"See your real friends know these accusations are nothing but lies." Jennings said as she squeezed her hand.

"Yes they are." Elizabeth teared up. "I was a good wife, a good mother I don't deserve to be treated like this."

"No, no you don't dear." Helen patted her hand. "It breaks our heart to see how your boys have turned against you."

"Dont blame them." Elizabeth said. "Its their father who has turned them against me."

"That bastard." Helen shook her head. "He won't get away with this. We won't let him."

"Right Maureen." Helen said.

"Yeah." Maureen said distracted.

"I'm glad to hear that." Elizabeth said. "As I said I need your help."

"Anything.' Helen said. "Anything you need."

"I need money for a lawyer." Elizabeth said. 'Burt has taken my name off our accounts, canceled my credit cards and left me penniless. I need your help to get a decent lawyer to fight this." She began to tear up again. "I don't want to go to jail."

"And you won't." Helen said. "We won't let that happen. We will help you get a whole team of lawyers to fight this."

"Thank you." Elizabeth said. "Thank you so much." She then looked at Maureen. "And thank you Maureen. I knew I could count on you."

"Yeah you can count on me." She said with little enthusiasm in her voice.

"Is everything okay?" Elizabeth asked.

"Yes everything is fine." Helen said and then gave Maureen the evil eye. "Right Maureen."

"Yes everything is fine." Maureen.

"See." Helen said.

"Except for what my son Daniel told me last night." Maureen said.

"Maureen not now." Helen shot her a threatening look.

"What did Daniel say?" Elizabeth asked.

"Nothing." Helen said. "Nothing but a bunch of nonsense."

"It wasn't nonsense." Maureen said.

"Yes it was." Helen said. "Now shut up before you embarrass poor Elizabeth more then she has already embarrassed."

"What is going on?" Elizabeth asked as she looked at the two of them. "What lies are my snake of husband and traitorous children telling now?"

"Nothing." Helen said. "Its nothing."

"Its not nothing." Maureen's eyes began to flare with anger. "And its not your husband or children but my son."

"Daniel?" Elizabeth said clueless.

"Yes Daniel." Her jaw tightened as she spoke. "He told me last night what you did to him."

"I never did anything to Daniel." Elizabeth was the picture of innocence as she spoke. "I would never...."

"So what you are saying my son is lying about you touching him.' Helen's trembled with a cold fury. She looked as if she was about to explode at any moment. "That he's making up you kissing him, threatening to hurt him if he said anything to Ralph or me."