The text

Brooks was sitting in his room binging  The Big Bang Theory when the text arrived.  He reached for his phone expecting it to be from on of his parents checking in on him. Or Wendy. He had really hoped to hear from her again and he did not care if Butch approved or not.

A smile grew across his face as he replied to the text.

Ethan was on his way to his Algebra two class when he saw Jasper. Jasper gave him an awkward look and quickly looked away. He was going to stop him to talk about the paper but the text interrupted him. Jasper hurried down the hall as Ethan  looked at the text and then responded.

Ethan slid the phone back into his pocket and then looked down the hall for Jasper only to find that he had disappeared.

Later he thought. I'll talk to him later. 

He then passed Ron who was looking at his phone. He too sent a reply and then went into his class.

"Come on Eric you know this."  Brendan said a bit exasperated as they entered their town history class.  They said hi to the teacher and went to their seats. "Besides Ira Adams name on other founder of our town."
Brendan sat his book bag on his desk and unzipped it. "I'll give you a hint you're related to him."

Eric was about to say something but turn his phone went off. Brendan looked at him in frustration as he said "Come on man I'm trying to help you get ready for the test."

Eric smiled and said "Look at your phone."

"Class is about to start."

"Just do it."

Brendan then sighed and pulled his phone from the front compartment of his bookbag. Several texts messages had appeared on the screen. He blinked in surprise and then replied.

"Time to put your phones away." The teacher said.

"Yes ma'am." Brendan said. He put his phone back in the bag and stuffed it under his desk.

"Josiah Johnson." Eric then said as his cousin sat down. "The answer to your question is Josiah Johnson."

"Junior." Brendan said. "Dont forget the junior."  The bell the rang and the two settled in.

Brandon was pulled from his sleep by his phone going off. His phone alerted him to a flurry of text messages.

What is going on? He thought groggily as picked up the phone.

Like with the others a smile crossed his face. He replied and then jumped out of bed and hurried into living room where Byron was.

Byron looked up from the laptop and said "Hey Brandon."

"Come here bud." He said and Byron got up and walked over to him. Brandon then put his arm around his brother as he raised his cellphone. "Say cheese."

"Cheese." Byron said wondering what was going on. He then sent snapped the picture and sent it.

"What's up?"

"Here." Brandon handed him the phone. "Why don't you take a break from your studies for a bit."

Byron smiled and said "Thanks."

"I'm going back to sleep." 

Byron then looked as the photo recieved a couple of thumbs ups.

The text that Brian and Butch had recieved. That went out to nearly seventy recipients was "I'm thinking about all my grand babies right now and would like to know how you all are doing."

Brian felt a warm sensation in his chest as he replied to his dad's mom "I'm doing okay grandmom."

Butch's response then appeared under his. He told her that he was okay. A heart emoji appeared on their replies.

"I love that grandma is more tech savvy then most our parents." Butch replied.

"Heck she is probably more tech savvy than a lot of her grand kids too." Esther replied.

"No doubt." Seventeen year old Vance junior replied.

Brian smirked.

A picture of a three month old baby then appeared. It was from Brian's half brother Aaron. "Great grand babies are doing good too."

Brian then received a text from his grandmother. "Buddy I just want to let you know that I love you very much and I am proud of you for coming forward. Also none of this is your fault honey."

He then texted. "Thanks." He followed it with "I love you too."

Butch then chuckled.

"What?" Brian asked.

"Grandma sent me a picture."

It was a picture of a grandma with revolver and the caption read "Touch my grand baby again I dare you."

Brian smirked.

At the hospital Mason laid in the bed with tubes running into him. Mason senior walked over to him and said "Your grandmother Johnson sent you a voice mail buddy."

"Mason I just wanted you to know that I love you honey." Her voice broke. "I love you and I want you to get better honey."

Charlotte stroked her grandsons head as she said "You hear that baby. All of your grandmas and grandpas are praying for you and pulling for you." She said as she gazed lovingly upon him. "Even the ones looking down on you from heaven."

A single tear rolled down Mason's cheek and he then reached up and grasped her hand. Charlotte let out a small gasp as he looked at her. He then gave her a small smile.