Chapter XLIV

Elizabeth sat in her office waiting for Mason's text hoping that his rebellious attitude had disappeared and that he will be again the sweet, obedient boy he was before he went to college. And if not she was sure he will be after a long session with the hairbrush. The hairbrush always seemed to work wonders with his attitude.

Which is he getting anyway for his behavior she thought. I don't care if he sends the most repentant text he's still in trouble. I can't have him acting so defiantly towards me. I can't allow that. Especially not him, I can't have him rebelling against me.

Speaking of rebellious attitudes she thought as she eyed Brian's cell phone. She then composed her next text message. "Kelly if you love Buddy as much as you claim then you will spare him a world of pain by convincing him to give me his login information. If he continues to refuse not only will he be getting a spanking tonight, grounded for two weeks, but I will also make him break up with you. And I am sure that your father will support me in that decision."

What has gotten into that boy she thought as she sent the text. That girl it has to be that girl. Only a girl like that could turn a boy against his loving mother.

Now for the last one she thought. "Brandon you refusal to help me today has broken my heart in ways I never believe you ever would. I don't know what has gotten into you but this behavior is going to stop. Until further notice you are grounded. If you are not at work you are in your room no phone, no computer, no television. When I get home tonight expect to stand in the corner for no less than forty five minutes. And during this time perhaps it would be best for Ben or your cousin Eli to be in charge of Buddy instead of you."

That last one should give him something to think about she thought as she sent the text. He might not mind a grounding or spending time in the corner but he definitely would not want to responsibility for Buddy taken away from him. She had no doubt that his next text will be an heartfelt apology for his behavior and pleading with her to allow him to continue to watch over Buddy. And she might allow him to retain his charge over his brother after much apologizing on his part.

The sound of laughter from the sales floor pulled her attention away from the cell phone. What are those lazy girls up to she thought. She quickly rose to her feet and stormed out into the sales floor which was empty except for Clara and Jamie who putting the finishing touches on an order. She glared at the two girls silencing their laughter.

Her eyes narrowed at them as she said "You know for two people who claimed to be so busy, you both seemed to have found enough time to goof off."

"Sorry ma'am." Jamie said nervously as she seemed to shrink before her.

"We we weren't goofing around." A defiant Clara said as she shoot invisible daggers at her.

"That's how it sounded to me." Elizabeth said as she walked towards them. "You know Clara why don't you head home for the day, I am sure Jamie can handle things until Penny gets here."

"Excuse me." Clara said shocked. "You are sending me home because we were laughing."

"No I am sending home you because of your disrespectful attitude." Elizabeth said.

"What disrespectful attitude..." A thoughtful look crossed her face. "Wait this is because I would not help you delete photos from Buddy's phone." She said incredulously. "You are punishing me for respecting your son's property."

"No not at all." She said shaking her head. "I asked you do to something that went against your convictions and you refused to do that and I respect that." Elizabeth said. "Consider this as your reward for having a such strong standards."

"A reward." She said. "Losing hours is a reward."

"Yes for being so strong." Elizabeth said. "And maybe while you are home you will want to spend some time reevaluating those convictions and your place here at the company."

Clara then let out a hard sigh as she stood up. "You know what I don't need time to reevaluate my place at the company because I quit." She said and then grabbed her purse. "I should have quit this job a long time ago." She then looked at Jamie and asked. "You coming Jamie."

"Yeah I'm coming." Jamie said as she got up.

"Wait where do you think you are going?" Elizabeth said.

"I'm going home." She said.

"You can't go home." Elizabeth said as the two walked around the counter. "Get back behind that counter Jamie." She said firmly. She then jabbed her finger at the counter and stomped her foot as she said "Now."

"No." Jamie said.

"Fine the both of you, you both of were a waste of money anyway." She said.

"Whatever." Clara said and the two walked out.

Lazy, worthless brats she thought as they walked out.

Her phone then notified her of a text and she pulled it out delighted to see that it was from Mason. It took him long enough he thought. I might have to spend some time reminding him to be quicker about answering me. Perhaps sometime in the corner will help him with that.

She opened the text to see what she was going to be a remorseful response.

Mom I love you will all my heart the text started.

"I love you too sweetie." She said as she began to melt.

But you are not going to spank me for this. I have done nothing but stand up for my brother and myself. I will not be grounded for this and I am not coming home so you can spank me. And if you show up on campus trying to spank me I will not hesitate to call campus security.

Rage filled her eyes.

And you will not spank me when I do come home. If my father or Burt feel that my behavior justifies a spanking then I will accept one from either of them but not from you. Please stop this insane behavior mother for everyone's sake.

"I'll show you insane." She said.

That was pretty big words Mason but let's see how big you are when we are face to face. Which we both know the answer to because in reality you are a little boy and you are going to spanked by like a little boy.

She then sent the text.

Something else then entered her mind and she quickly sent it to him.

And also Mason you know it does not really surprise me that you are willing to take a spanking from your daddies then me. You have always seemed the type to enjoy getting a spanking from a daddy.

He is not getting away with this she thought vehemently. None of them are getting away with this.