Chapter LLXVIII

The thread about his mother's tantrum in the school office had remained up for another ten minutes before the admin who happened to be a friend of Brandon's deleted it.  Not that Brandon had asked him to, though he had to admit that he was happy that his family's laundry was not being paraded around on the internet.  Of course that did not mean people were not discussing it elsewhere.

He did have to tell one of his sisters to delete a comment where she called his mother an derogatory name.  He did not care what she did or how justified his fourteen year old sister Bella was in her bitterness towards his mom it did not give her a right to call her such a horrible name.   Of course his sister did not take kindly to his request to delete her comment which resulted in small argument in the comments section before the thread vanished.

Bella then sent him a text telling him that he knew it was true.  Brandon did not respond.

He sent a message to his friend Julio thanking him for deleting the thread.  Julio responded no problem and that he would make announcement to the group to refrain from making anymore posts about it. 

He thanked him again and clicked off Facebook and then received a text.  He mused that it was probably from Bella wanting to continue their argument.  As he picked up the phone he thought how he was going to tell her to stop or that he would have one of her female cousins have a conversation with her about her attitude.

Instead the text was from Amanda.  "How's Butch doing?"

"He's doing fine."  He texted back.  "He's been behaving himself and his attitude has been great." 

He blinked at the sight of the smiling emoji that appeared on the screen.  He wanted to ask if this was Wendy.  "That's great I am glad to hear that."  The next message said.  Brandon could not help but look a it with skepticism.  Are you he wondered.  He could not help but think that she would be a little bit disappointed at news of his good behavior.

"You're so good with him."

"Thank you."  Brandon said and then texted back.  He then impulsively texted her the next thought in his mind and instantly regretted.  "Perhaps I should home school him."  He closed his eyes at his stupidity and asked himself why did he do that.  He was not ready to her or his father about that yet.   He was about to text back that he was kidding when her reply came.

It was one that he did not expect.

"We have to talk to your father first but if you are serious I think that would be an excellent idea."  He raised a eyebrow as he thought really.  He was sure that she would ask him if he was insane or kidding.  Another text then followed.  "You would just have to assure me that you are gong to take this seriously and that his academic would not suffer."

"Yes, yes I would."  He feverishly texted as excitement builded inside of him. "And I promise you that his academics would not suffer."

"We'll we have to talk about it a little more but I think it would be a great idea."  She replied. "But as I said we have to talk to your father."

"Yes I am planning to talk to him about homeschooling both Butch and Buddy."

"Buddy?" 

"Yes I want to homeschool Buddy too."  He told her.

"I'm not sure that is a good idea."  He blinked at her response.  Why wouldn't that be a good idea he asked.  "From what I understand Buddy loves his school and being with his friends.  Plus I can't see him not being fond of the idea of not being able to see his girlfriend."

Yes he would hate that but I don't care he needs to pulled out of Adams and homeschooled.

"I mean at least Butch's girlfriend already graduated from school."