Part nine: lake time

"Nature never deceives us; it is we who deceive us."

- Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Mix woke up to the birds chirping outside and a deliciously strong smell of a coffee right next to him

Mix woke up to the birds chirping outside and a deliciously strong smell of a coffee right next to him. He blinked a few times, adjusting his eyes to the morning sunlight coming in through the window. There was a big red mug of hot coffee standing in front of him on the small round wooden table.

Mix realized that he fell asleep downstairs on the sofa under the warm fluffy blanket. The fire wasn't burning in the fireplace anymore, but the cabin felt cozy, it was warm inside.

Thanks to Earth.

Mix sat up, taking the mug in his hands, smelling the intoxicating aroma of freshly brewed coffee, the blanket still on his knees, giving him a little bit of additional warmth.

He looked around, expecting to see Earth until his barely woken up mind clicked, alerting him that he couldn't! Earth could be sitting right next to him and Mix wouldn't know.

He looked around the cabin once again, just...just to make sure and then sighed, he took the first gulp of the coffee.

"I hope it's good. Do you want more sugar? Or anything else?"

The mug almost fell out of Mix's hands, "oh, Earth, good morning. It's great, thank you." He looked around once again, "ehmm, if you don't mind...where are you?"

"By the window on your left. But it's okay, Mix. You don't have to look at the place I am, every time we talk. It's not impolite if you won't do that. I understand that you can't really be looking at me when we talk if you can't see me. So it's alright, don't worry about it."

Mix nodded, "thank you, but I want to look at where you are, it...you know...it kind of makes you more real."

"Well, if that's the case, then by all means look as much as you want to. Maybe one day, you'll find a hidden treasure." Earth said, leaning on the window, his hands and legs crossed, looking at Mix.

"Did you just call yourself a treasure?"

Earth smirked, "you have no idea how much of a treasure I am, Mix."

"Maybe I should try to find out," Mix said, covering his grin by taking another gulp of his coffee.

"Maybe you should," Earth said back, turning around, he opened the window, letting the old air change for the new one, so Mix would have a healthy fresh air around him.

Mix watched as the window suddenly opened, allowing even more sunlight inside. Well, the sunlight that successfully got through the thick forest barrier. He obviously knew it was Earth who opened it but he still watched it with opened mouth his eyes blinking faster than they should. It will take time to get used to things like this. Things, so normal with a ghost beside him.