Part forty-nine: problem on the rise

"Never cut the tree down in the wintertime. Never make a negative decision in the low time. Never make your most important decisions when you are in your worst moods. Wait. Be patient. The storm will pass. The spring will come."

- Robert H. Schuller

"Come on, Mix, one more

"Come on, Mix, one more."

"No, Khao," Mix lazily shook his head and with his pointer finger, he was pointing in Khaotung's face. "I am already wasted, aaaaand I need to flyyyy tomorrow. Get it? No more for me."

"Fine," Khaotung patted Mix's shoulder, "I'll drink for you too."

Mix chuckled, "I don't think my sister invited you to her wedding just so you can drink everything."

"I'm not drinking everything. I'm just helping to clear this table so that nothing goes to waste," Khaotung raised his hand with a glass of rosé wine and took a sip.

"Sure, sure," Mix nodded, leaning on Khatung's shoulder. "I miss him, Khao."

"I know, Mix. You said it like hundred times tonight," Khaotung rolled his eyes.

"But it's trueeee. You know that he was only at one wedding before and it wasn't a happy one for him? He would loveee it here. We would dance and kiss, and kiss, and kiss—"

"Geez, Mix. Get up, I'll take you home."

Mix stood and wrapped his arms over Khaotung's shoulders, "you drunk too, no driving for you."

"I won't drive,  First will. He should be here soon. Now, get up," Khaotung stood up, one hand wrapped round his best frined's waist, so Mix wouldn't end up with his face in a nearby wedding cake. That would be an astronomical waste of the cake. And Mix wouldn't appreciate the cake in the face either.

"First? Do I know him?"

Khaotung sighed, taking Mix's phone from the table and shoving it in Mix's frot pocket.

"Oh, wait," Mix said, way louder than was necessary, "that's the guy you met at uni. So, are you two —"

"Boys."

"Ms Wongratch," Khaotung lightly nodded his head.

"Mom, great wedding. Organization 10/10 would recommend," Mix showed his mother a thumbs up and smiled.

Mix's mother laughed and patted her son's hair, "can't wait to organize your wedding, sweetie. Now, go. You need to have energy for your flight in a few hours. Khaoutung, can I ask you to take care of him, please? Me and Aroon still need to take care of everyone here."

"Yes, of course, don't worry Ms Wongratch. I was about to take Mix home."

"Thank you, Khao — oh, I'm sorry, I need to go. It seems that Aroon got stuck in the unpleasant company of aunt Hansa."