Part thirty-three: mission snowmen

"A kiss is a secret told to the mouth instead of the ear; kisses are the messengers of love and tenderness."

- Ingrid Bergman

The beginning of December brought with it the first snow of the season

The beginning of December brought with it the first snow of the season. That kind of baffled Mix considering that he was expecting snow way sooner with how cold it was for a long time, already.

Living in Thailand, snow wasn't exactly something Mix was used to, so having approximately a ton of snow right in front of his front door when he woke up was both overwhelming and also exciting. Mix couldn't wait to build a snowman or two or maybe three...

"Do you see that?" Mix pointed outside at literally everything covered with a heavy white blanket, "that's snow!"

Earth chuckled, hugging Mix from behind, and putting his head on Mix's shoulder, "Yeah, I know, angel, that's snow; ice crystals formed in the atmosphere, in cold temperature, that fall from the clouds during winter."

"It's so beautiful. It looks so fluffy!" Mix continued his ode on the snow, completely ignoring Earth's witty remark. "I wanna built snowmen. Will you build snowmen with me?"

Earth pressed a kiss on Mix's neck, "I would love to but in this state, it's kinda hard for me to form snow into something, so...yeah. But I'll be your moral support."

Mix turned around in Earth's arms, putting his own arms around Earth's neck, "oh, yeah, you are right. I just...you seem so much like you are alive that I sometimes forget you are still a ghost, especially since we can touch now."

"I understand," Earth nodded. "Sometimes I also forget that I'm still not alive. It's weird isn't it?" He chuckled.

"I guess it's good. You know that way once your heart will start beating again it won't be such a shock for you to go from being dead to being alive. Don't you think?" Mix said, his lips curving into a smile and then he laughed, "I'm sorry, it's just such a weird conversation to have."

"One of many weird conversations, one of many," Earth agreed with a smile. "But, yeah, I think you are right. It may actually be preparing me slowly for a change. But...there is one more thing that is helping me with my regeneration."

Mix tilted his head to one side and with curiosity he asked, "umm, and what is it?"

Earth leaned closer, his eyes focusing nowhere else but Mix's soft, lightly opened lips, "kisses from my amazing boyfriend."

A wave of excitement rushed through Mix, not waiting any longer he pulled on Earth's neck, connecting their lips together. Their fit each other like two pieces of a puzzle that were always meant to be together, creating a perfect picture.

Earth hmmed in pleasure, his senses picking up on every single even a minuscule movement of Mix's lips. It felt so natural, so damn real, it was so intense, yet at the same time, it still felt so unreal for Earth. He who couldn't feel the temperature, he who couldn't taste anything, he whose senses were very low for the obvious ghostly reasons... He could feel everything when he was with Mix.

Especially with their intimate moments, when he was kissing Mix, and he could feel in every — even the slightest way Mix kissing him back. It was like Earth's whole world was painted in black and white and it was only the moments he shared with Mix that bloomed his world into bright colours.

Mix pulled on Earth's hair, successfully getting out a deep groan from Earth allowing Mix to glide his tongue into Earth's mouth. Mix could swear that every time he kissed Earth it was like there was nothing else in the world he needed to do more. Tasting Earth on his lips brought enough joy for Mix for the rest of his life. Just being like they were in that moment was enough.

Mix never knew that kissing should feel like that. That when it is with the right person it feels different from all the kisses that came before. All those kisses suddenly become insignificant, like they weren't even the real kisses, because not even one ever felt the way each kiss feels with the right person. And Earth was Mix's right person. There was nothing Mix was ever more sure of.

Earth pulled away from the kiss first, a tender smile on his well-kissed lips, "it's not like I don't want to continue, but you need to breathe."

"Yeah," Mix laughed, his breathing low, "good point."

Earth pulled a string of hair away from Mix's eye and kissed his forehead, letting his lips linger there for a few more seconds before he pulled away, "so, you'll have breakfast and then we will go build some snowmen?"

Mix enthusiastically nodded with a big child-like expression, "yup, that sounds perfect."

"Okay," Earth looked through the window, "I just hope the snow consistency is good for building snowmen."

Mix looked outside too, confused, "can't you build snowmen from any kind of snow?"

Earth shook his head, "actually no. If the snow is loose it's extremely hard to do it. I mean, maybe it's possible but it's way easier when snow sticks together. But don't worry, this one looks like it should be alright for snowmen. And if not you can do snow angels at least. You know what that is, right?"

Mix rolled his eyes, playfully pushed Earth away and made his way to the kitchen area, "yeah, I know, I wasn't born yesterday. It's when you throw yourself in the snow and you start moving your hands and legs, creating an angel."

"Exactly. It looks fun. I personally never done it, tho," Earth shrugged, following Mix to the kitchen counter.

"Then, I'll try it and review it for you," Mix said getting out a pan and sausages.

.....

"Yes, it works!" Mix shouted as he finished rolling the second ball of a snowman's body and sticking it to the first one.

Earth was standing right beside what will end up being according to Mix, two meters tall snowman, watching Mix with adoration. Earth loved seeing Mix like that; carefree, happy, fully absorbed in something he enjoyed.

It was like Mix was glowing. Or maybe it was just all the snow around them that was sparkling under a wintery sun, sharing some of that sparkling with Mix. But Earth doubted it because Mix glowed also when they were inside — even when there was darkness everywhere Mix was still glowing. Mix was glowing with love, and there was that shy, quick, almost unrecognizable beat of Earth's heart, knowing that it was their love Mix was glowing with.

That shy, quick heartbeat disappeared as soon as it appeared but Earth knew that it didn't disappear forever. Not anymore.

To be continued...

P.S. We are in the middle of the whole story... 31 chapters to go 👀