Epilogue: promise kept

"Beauty is the promise of happiness."

- Edmund Burke

One month later

One month later

It was the beginning of February and the couple was once again waiting for sheriff LeBlanc to come, but this time it was to pick them up.

All their belongings lay packed in their bags, sitting on the floor next to the sofa, ready to be thrown into the trunk. Mix wrapped the painting he got from Earth into their fluffy blanket, making the painting safe and saving space in the bag he would use if he folded the blanket in it.

"Do we have everything?" Mix asked as he saw Earth coming downstairs.

"Yes, I checked everything at least three times—everything's packed."

"Hmmm," Mix slightly ducked his head—a sudden nostalgia fell upon him.

And Earth being Earth of course noticed that something was wrong. He skipped the last few steps towards Mix and hugged him tightly. "What's bothering my angel?"

Mix wrapped his hands around Earth's waist and bored his head into Earth's chest, taking in the scent that always calmed him down. "I'm just a little bit sad—I'm going to miss it here."

"We could stay here, I told you it doesn't matter to me where I am as long as I am with you," Earth pressed a kiss on the crown of Mix's head, brushing his fingers through Mix's silky hair.

"You weren't just flirting?" Mix giggled.

"You know I weren't."

.....

Two weeks ago Earth started a topic he was for some reason putting away for days: were they going to stay in the cabin or were they going to move?

It didn't matter to Earth but he had to ask Mix. Earth didn't want Mix to keep living in the cabin if that wasn't what Mix wanted. For Earth, living in the middle of nowhere surrounded by gorgeous calming nature but without working mobile service and other inconvenient things wasn't that bad, but he knew he couldn't expect the same from Mix. So he asked.

Mix was thinking about it way longer than Earth had expected but once he said what he had on his mind, Earth didn't mind the wait.

The plan was easy—at the beginning of February, they would leave the Ghost Cabin and go travel the world for a few months—Mix said it was to create happy memories and let Earth enjoy the world to the fullest in the way he couldn't when he was a ghost. They would travel all over the world, making sure that they will be somewhere nice and pretty during Earth's birthday. And once they get tired of travelling they would go back to Thailand, probably buying their own place and settling in. As for the Ghost Cabin, they will keep it, going there a few times a year to recharge and travel back in time with all the memories, remembering how their story had started.