Part sixty-three: that someone

"Never deprive someone of hope; it might be all they have."

- H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

"So, do you want frozen pizza or frozen pizza for dinner?" Earth asked getting out two boxes of the same pizza from the freezer

"Are we running out of food?" Mix asked, coming from upstairs, drying his hair with a towel.

"Kind of but tomorrow is Monday, so sheriff LeBlanc should bring something."

"Or maybe, we can ask the sheriff if he can take us down to the town. I'll take you shopping and show you around. What do you say?" Mix walked up to Earth, swung the towel around Earth's neck and pulled him down so he could kiss him.

Earth gave Mix one peck but then he pulled away, frowning.

"What is it?" Mix asked, confused.

"Nothing, I just don't want you to waste your money on me," Earth said, wrapping his hands around Mix's shoulders.

"Ahhh that," Mix smirked. "One thing I really need to give to my grandma—she really knew you well."

"What does Praewa have to do with it?"

"She had a bank account dedicated to us," Mix chuckled. "Would you believe that? She really thought about everything."

Earth frowned even more, "what are you talking about?"

Mix took Earth's hand and pulled him towards the sofa so they could sit, "when I was in Thailand for the wedding, my father told me that there is a bank account where my grandma put all her money. She said that when everything goes well and you'll be alive again she wants us to take it. I looked into it—there is enough money for us to not work and live comfortably for at least ten years."

Earth shook his head, "I can't take it, Mix. How did Praewa even have so much money?"

"My family was always on the wealthiest side, I thought you knew that."

"I suspected that when I went ask your parents for help and saw the house reconstructed. But when I lived there, that house didn't look like it belonged to a wealthy person. And even this cabin isn't exactly five stars hotel."

Mix nodded, he understood Earth's confusion, "the house before reconstruction and this cabin originally belonged to my grandfather. He wasn't...he didn't have as much money as my grandmother did. When he died, my grandmother didn't want to change anything—that's what my father told me. So, I guess that's why you never really know. Even though, I'm surprised she never told you."

Earth sighed, "she didn't have to; some things are too personal to share, no matter how close you are."

"But money isn't," Mix said, snuggling closer to Earth, hoping to lift Earth's mood with his cuteness, "so we can share, right?"