Part forty-seven: the necklace

"So the darkness shall be the light, and the stillness the dancing."

- T.S. Eliot

The aeroplane was speeding on the runway, smoothly gaining V1 airspeed, taking Mix away from Canada, away from Earth for the next four days

The aeroplane was speeding on the runway, smoothly gaining V1 airspeed, taking Mix away from Canada, away from Earth for the next four days. Mix's fingers were aimlessly gliding over an outline of his neck where the silver necklace from his sister used to be.

.....

"Do you have everything you need?"

"Yes," Mix sighed, "I told you already, I do."

"But, are you sure?"

"Babe," Mix sat on the arm of the sofa and pointed at his smaller travelling bag, "this is all I need. Besides if I did forget something, I'm sure I will find it at my home — where I'm going."

"I just don't want you to miss something important," Earth scratched the back of his head.

"The only important thing I will miss is you. Now, come here," Mix said with his arms wide open.

Earth didn't hesitate for a second, letting Mix wrap his arms around his neck as he wrapped his around Mix.

"I'll be leaving in a few hours but until then I don't want anything else than to feel you on my body," Mix whispered, his fingers tickling the sensitive skin on the back of Earth's neck.

"Angel," Earth groaned, his head bored in Mix's silky hair, taking in their peachy scent. "You shouldn't say words like that." You don't know what it does to me. Earth thought, kissing Mix's temple.

Mix chuckled, leaning a little bit away from Earth, "I'm just being honest." His hands let go of Earth's neck, the silver necklace, shining on Earth's skin. "I want you to take care of my necklace while I'm gone. Can you do that for me?"

Earth looked at Mix with a shocked and touched expression, his hand rose up to his neck, touching the silver pendant with an engraved S on it. "Mix, you — you never take this off. Are you sure? What about your sister? Won't she have questi —"

Mix shook his head lightly and put a finger on Earth's lips, "I didn't take it off, because I put it on you; and you are part of me."

"Mix."

"It still is with me even if it's on you as I will still be with you even when I'm not here." Mix ran his fingers through Earth's hair, pulling his head down closer to himself. "I'll miss you so damn much," he whispered on Earth's lips, letting the words change into a kiss.

The gentle way Earth was moving his lips was driving Mix crazy. It was as if Earth was afraid to press more, to get wilder, afraid that Mix would shatter in his arms. And Earth was right; Mix would shatter, but it would be the most tenderly glorious shattering the world has ever seen, for it would be caused by love. By the raw intensity of the ever-burning love that Mix felt every time he had Earth's lips on his own. Mix would shatter for that love blissfully and repeatedly, over and over again, if it meant that for each shattering Earth would kiss him again.

Earth deepened their kiss, for a moment their tongues touched, sending familiar shivers down Mix's spine. But then Earth stepped away and instead of Mix's lips on his, there was a loving smile. "Can I have a dance, angel?"

"Dance?"

Earth nodded his hand stretched out for Mix to hold again.

"There's not much space here," Mix said but he was already letting his palm fall into Earth's like a puzzle that fits together perfectly.

"We don't need much space," Earth said and pulled Mix's body on his own, rocking them slightly from side to side.

Mix relaxed in Earth's arms, letting Earth lead their dance. "We don't have music."

"It's okay, we can dance to the rhythm of your heart," Earth said, and Mix could swear he never heard Earth's words sound like that. The vulnerability and pure devotion in Earth's voice felt like a double-edged sword. It was healing Mix's heart, it was filled with so much love it could burst. Yet, it also hurt so much, for in a twisted way it reminded Mix of how long Earth had to suffer, and even if he didn't show it, Mix knew that Earth still suffered and will continue suffering until his heart moves with a life-giving beat again.

Seeing Earth suffer hurt more than his own pain. There was nothing in the world Mix wanted more than to put his palm on Earth's chest and feel the regular beating of Earth's heart. If Mix would have only one wish in his life he would wish for that.

Mix loved Earth the way he never loved someone else. He didn't believe love like that was possible. Yes, he wanted to find someone with whom he would share true love and an unbreakable connection. Yet, he never knew that true love felt like that. There wasn't a word in any language known to humanity to truly grasp the way true love felt, for that feeling encapsulates too much to be expressed simply by words.

Love is the sun in the rain, it's a warmth in the coldness, it's sweet in the sour, it's a gentleness in roughness, it's light in the darkness, it's honesty in a lie, it's a hope in hopelessness, and more, much more.

Their bodies were gently dancing under the Christmas lights, the evening changed into the night; the jet black darkness outside wrapped the cabin into its tranquillity, making them feel like the whole world disappeared. It was only them forever immortalized in that moment.

But one knock on the door and they were back in reality. "Mix, it's time to go if you don't want to miss the plane," Sherif LeBlanc's voice could be heard from outside the front door.

Mix's eyes shot towards the clock; five minutes past 1 in the morning. Did they really dance for so long? Mix could swear it was only 10 PM when he finished packing.

He reluctantly stepped away from Earth's arms and ran to open the door, "Sherif, thank you for taking me to the airport. I know I'm asking a lot especially at this hour."

"Not at all, Mix," the sheriff waved his hand dismissively, "I'm on my night shift anyway. So, can we go?"

"Um, give me five minutes, I need to put my coat on and check if I really have everything I need," Mix said and ran back inside.

Earth was already standing there with Mix's packed bag in his hands, "here you go angel. Enjoy your sister's wedding as you have promised me and take care of yourself, promise?"

"Promise," Mix said, giving Earth one last hug and kiss on his cheek. "I love you."

"I love you, too." Earth stroked Mix's hair and kissed his forehead, "see you in four days, right?"

"Right," Mix nodded, and glancing at Earth one last time, he walked out of the door.

.....

The aeroplane shot into the sky, and Mix closed his eyes, ready to sleep. His thoughts were a mixture of excitement for seeing his family again and his sister's wedding, and Earth and the way Mix already missed him and couldn't wait to be back in his arms.

To be continued...

P.S. Who's ready for the wedding?    🤵‍♂️👰‍♀️💐💞