Part forty-one: what's that floating thing in the air?

"To love is to admire with the heart; to admire is to love with the mind."

- Theophile Gautier

"It tickles," Mix giggled

"It tickles," Mix giggled. "Stoooop!" He rolled as far away from Earth as possible. Which was not even arm-length away as they lay on his tiny single-person bed.

"Get up, angel. It's time to get a Christmas tree." Earth said and continued his tickling attack on Mix.

Mix covered his whole body with the duvet, trying to hide from his merciless boyfriend. "I'm sleeping," he managed to say in between half crying half laughing.

Earth stopped, kissed the top of Mix's head that wasn't covered with the duvet and got out of bed, "I'll go alone then. I'm sure that my taste in Christmas trees is better than yours anyway."

The duvet stopped moving pretty quickly after his words and Mix's head appeared. He was watching Earth intensely, lips pouting, "You are not going alone."

"Why not? You said you are sleeping."

"Hardly when you tickled me so much," Mix said and got out of a heavenly comfortable bed.

"It was fun," Earth grinned.

"Well, as for who," Mix said, grabbing Earth's head and kissing his cheek. "Morning."

"Morning," Earth said gently, ruffling Mix's bed hair. "So should I wait for you or?"

Mix nodded, walking to the bathroom, "I'll be done in a few."

"Alright, I'll wait on the porch. And dress up warmly. It's windy today," Earth said before disappearing into thin air.

He still can do it. Mix didn't know how to feel about that. It's been a long time already. Earth seemed almost like he was back — alive. It just didn't seem right that he could still disappear and appear in a blink of an eye.

Every time Earth did it, it gave Mix chills because it reminded him of the possibility that Earth could one day disappear but never appear again. It wasn't a huge possibility, but it was still there; hanging above Mix like a sword, waiting to cut right through.

Mix closed his eyes, took a deep breath and smiled. It was a beautiful day. Earth was taking him out to get a Christmas tree and Mix was going to consider it as their first official date!

Earth appeared on the porch, looking at the white ice-cold beauty in front of him. Since it first snowed it never melted away. It was snowing at least a little bit almost every single day covering the forest and the couple in it, with a most beautiful blanket that was never the same. It was ever-changing and despite it being cold it warmed the souls of those who were there to witness it.

Earth's thoughts wandered to the shopping bags Mix brought with him from the town two weeks ago. When Earth asked him what was in them, Mix just shrugged and said that there was nothing in them.